𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷

Start from the beginning

Maybe it was one of my greatest motivation to grab the chance of living in New Zealand. I was only nonchalant answering my mother but I was so very thrilled to be honest.

I could actually made a lot of guy friends! That would be really cool for sure. Someone will gonna be like my brother cause I don't have one. Perks of being an only child.

Someone will make me feel secured and safe. As the saying goes, men are born providers and protectors.

I am physically weak and basically has low physical endurance and energy. It quiet left me an impression that girls are naturally born weak because I'm weak.

Well, except my mom.

Auckland made me experience new things and one of them is to make friends with the guys. They're actually cool! They're fun to talk with and they don't complain. Except if you're a chicken. Their greatest influence was music.

I easily gain friends in an instant. I was the only mocha surrounded with my paper white friends. They said they love my tanned skin. Some of them seems to love it but not everyone was pleased with my skin neither my race and told me I look like a horrid asian bitch.

All those horrible things happened I face everyday that the only thing I could do was to cry on my own at night. I hate to trouble my parents and I just can't run and go back to Korea just like that.

One thing I learned was to accept that we couldn't please everyone. We couldn't fight back just because they hate us for merely breathing. So I stayed in silent and treasured those people who appreciates me.

I was thankful enough for my friends who stayed by my side during those dark days. By then, I learned to enjoy myself together with the people that makes me happy.

My fellow white girls jamming to Rihanna and Beyonce made me thirst for music. I feel the needs and wants running through my veins that made me end up signing up for the YG Audition without my parents approval.

Firstly, they have completely zero percent as in definitely no idea about this so basically I decided on my own without their knowledge.

"You're going back to Korea?" It was mom, flipping her favorite magazine.

"I guess? Law school isn't.. just for me." I stared on the busy street of Florida through the window.

We rented a whole luxury suit for this trip but I didn't forgot the main reason why we're here.

She didn't said anything and stared at me for the whole time. She's dead serious and I bet she might be mad at me.

"Why?"

One syllable and and as much how serious it is, I couldn't help to sound like mommy.

"I heard the music industry needs the little Kim Jennie."

I saw how it made her smile a bit. That made me smile too. I'm very much confident getting her blessing after this short trip.

From Florida, I went back to New Zealand and spend my remaining days with my friends before I head back to Korea for the audition.

"Which company you'd prefer? I could pull some string for you to go on a special audition.." She trailed off after seeing my sour expression.

"Mom, you wouldn't. I hate to be labeled as a spoiled ass princess in the future all because of a special treatment I didn't even plan from the start. If I'd get to be accepted, I want it to happen naturally and not being manipulated by you or even from dad's connection." I sighed and sat on the opposite side. "Plus, you can't easily manipulate that company. Even if you beg and try, you can't."