𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷

"We broke up."

Lisa shrugged like she's used to it. Of course, this is nothing new to them. For the past three years it's not surprising we broke up and make up the next time.

But this time it was different.

Jisoo sighed and move forward to reach my hands. Chaeyoung came after wrapping me with her slender arms.

"You're making me feel eh!"

We all laughed watching our giant maknae running to us and launch herself into a hug.

"Something isn't right here.." Jisoo skeptically stared at me squinting her eyes. "Jendeukii.."

"Wae?" I frowned.

"You used to always say it in tear that you guys broke up. Jigeum, you look fine as if telling us Kuma just pooped in my bed the last night."

"Cause I broke up with him." I chortled.

I smiled more watching their shocked face with their mouths widely open that could almost reach the ground. Shookt was an understatement. They were bombed.

"Daebak!"

"No way.."

"Finally!"

I don't know how to describe their reactions but their hysterical laugh boomed the whole studio.

No matter how I'd smile like I've been used to this still the emptiness lingers inside my chest. This time, it'll not be temporarily.

I know for myself it's the end of everything. My hopes and shattered dream together with him all went to drain.

"You were right. It's just.." My tears fell despite the smile that I'm wearing to conceal the pain. "..i-it's just I was too late to even realize you were right all along. I'm so sorry."

They did not say anything and hugged me more instead. Never even there was 'I told you so' but they just assured me everything will be okay and that they will stay by my side no matter what happens.

I should've listened to them. I should've listened to mom. They were right.

Maybe my mom was right all along. Or maybe from the beginning when she warned me that love is like playing with fire. I'd only get myself hurt.

She would always told me everyday to always be careful with men. But I've been always fascinated to befriend everybody and that didn't exlude the guys.

Growing up, I always like to make friends. I wore the brightest smile I could to make people feel at ease and be comfortable around me.

Mom said I looked exactly just like her when I'm serious. She's scary when she's serious though. I don't want them to get scared at me.

I really don't get it at first I mean like, can't I even talk to them? Sure, I love being with girlies but it'll be odd to look at for me having no any single friends from the opposite gender. My childhood memories in Seoul were filled only with kids from my gender but never I remember I ever have any memory with any of the guys.