"Are we going to Veronica?" Betty asked, and I nodded.

"Yes, you'll spend the whole day with her," I smiled slightly.

"Cool!" said Polly, eating a hamburger.

"Don't speak with a full mouth," I said warningly, and she sighed softly.

"Okay, mommy," she murmured and took in silence for eating the hamburger.

I drove on the driveway with the screech of tires. The girls looked at me surprised.

"Mom, something happened?" Betty asked when she finished eating the hamburger.

"No," I said with a smile. "Come," I left the car and helped get off my daughters.

Hermione went outside, probably when she heard the squealing of tires. She looked at me surprised.

"What the hell?" she hissed, and I rolled my eyes.

"Don't swear in front of the girls, Hermione," I said loudly.

"What are you doing here? You missed me already?" Hermione smiled sarcastically.

"You have to go with me to a certain place, but we don't have much time," I said. "Can girls stay with Veronica?" I asked, and Hermione nodded.

"Sure, go to her, she is sitting in the living room and is very bored at home."

"Cool," Betty and Polly entered the house. When we were alone, I sighed heavily.

"I heard a conversation between two boys at school. They say that Gladys is alive," I said and leaned against the hood of the car. "I have to go to Toledo," I added.

"Alice, Toledo is a few hours away," Hermione murmured. "You won't be able to come for dinner. Let's go there tomorrow" Hermione grabbed my hands.

"Amiga, I need to know if Gladys is alive," I whispered. "I know it may be boring and annoying, but I won't let it go until I find out what happened to Gladys."

"I understand you" Hermione hugged me. "Now, please, calm down and come inside. I'll give you a coffee," she added. "And tomorrow we will go to Toledo" she stroked my hand on my back and I nodded.

"Okay," I murmured. "I will be able to go after work"

"Where do you work?" Hermione looked at me with a smile.

"I started working at Pop"

"It's wonderful, we have to drink now!" Hermione pulled my hand and we went home.

~~~~~

We spent the afternoon at Hermione, and then we went home to change. I dressed today a bright pink dress, Betty dressed in a navy blue dress, and Polly a light blue dress. We went to the Jones house.

I felt a strange, unpleasant feeling in my stomach. I was happy about this dinner, but on the other hand, I didn't feel well in this place.

Theresa opened the door to us, greeted us and invited us inside. I went to the dining room and saw FP's father. I haven't seen him for so many years.

"Forsythe," I said with a smile and went to him.

"Alice" he returned my smile and hugged me in greeting. "I haven't seen you for ten years"

"Me too," I murmured. "And these are my daughters" I moved away from him and pointed to the girls. "Polly and Betty"

Forsythe smiled warmly at them.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Jughead's grandfather," he replied, and the girls greeted him.

"Will you be our grandfather too?" Betty asked, and I opened my eyes wide.