Summer shook her head. "As must as I would love to talk with David I came here because my dog Bambi is giving birth and I'm a nervous wreck."

So that's why she's here. Serenity thought to put on her vet coat.

"Well don't worry about a thing Summer. I'll be the one taking care of Bambi and to make sure her pups are healthy."

One of Serenity's partners Coby was rushing out of the break room leaving."

"Coby where are you going? Where's the fire?" Serenity asked grabbing his arm.

"Sorry Serenity. I have to leave now. My wife is about to give birth to twins. My father-in-law contacted me. Can you handle things while I'm gone?"

Wow. So many medicals are happening tonight. Serenity thought to let Coby's arm go.

"Yeah. I can handle things. Get going and congrats! Send me pictures so I can show Melody."

"I will!"

With Coby leaving Serenity was not on her own to help this Husky give birth. Summer offered to help in any way she could which was a big help. Summer's dog Bambi gave birth to six beautiful pups. Four boys and two girls.

"They are so cute! I can't wait to tell my brothers about this!" Summer exclaimed excitedly.

"How many brothers do you have?" Serenity asked washing her hands.

"Oh. I have ten brothers. I'm the only in the family."

"Wow. Your parents worked it."

Summer laughed taking pictures of the pups sending them to her family. When she was done, she turned to Serenity.

"Hey. How is David doing? I'm kind of worried about him. Also, can you tell him that he doesn't have to accept me as his mate because I know he still loves his late mate Emilia."

Serenity didn't know what to say to Summer. It was easy to see that Summer wanted to get to know David and see if he would give her a chance. But deep she knows that David would never give her the chance because she is a hunter. And it was hunters that killed his mate nothing would change that.

"I don't think David would reject you. I just know that right now he's going through a lot. Before I came into work David was face down on the ground in the living room. So, my friend Melody suggested that he have a night out with the guys to get his mind off things."

Summer smiled understanding. Serenity informed Summer that the pups will stay overnight in case anything happens. Serenity's other friend April came in just in time to take over for the rest of the night.

"Freedom!" Serenity shouted stretching her arms. "Summer I been meaning to ask. What's it like to be a hunter?"

"Well for one it's really dangerous work. Your whole life is on the line when it comes to confronting the enemy. On the plus side, it's pretty cool because you get to meet all kinds of beings."

"That sounds cool." Serenity smiled. "Are you waiting for a ride or do you need a ride home because I'll be happy to give you a lift."

"I was planning on walking home, but a lift does sound better. Thanks."

Before Serenity walked over to her car with Summer following along another car drove up to them almost running Serenity over. Thankfully Summer grabbed Serenity out of the way just in time. The person driving the parked stepping out revealing it to be her sister Fiona.

"Fiona what the hell are you thinking! You could have killed me!" Serenity screamed.

Fiona just rolled her eyes giving a nasty smirk. Serenity could tell that this chick has lost it. Fiona looks like she hasn't slept in days.