Yokai Carnival (Part V)

"Rikuo-sama, where must we go now?" Tsurara looked around the crowd. It was hard to get anywhere or see anything with such a huge number of Yokai around.

"I am not a century old either to know what all, this carnival holds"

"uh... yeah. Sorry Rikuo-sama" she apologized. "Ouch" she gasped. Someone had just bumped shoulders with her when trying to pass. Rikuo caught her hand and pulled her closer.

"Are you alright?" he rubbed her should with his free hand.

"Hai..." she whispered. There was a moment of silence between them as Rikuo was trying to make his way out of the crowd. Finally, when no fruits seemed to result he whistled, calling for his ride. It came flying to him and he jumped up on it with Tsurara in his arms. Unknown to him she was blushing.

"Finally we're out of there" Rikuo said to no one in particular and commanded the yokai he was riding on to go higher up. He was in a search of a place with barely anyone around but to his vain such a place was hard to be seen in this limited territory they were allowed to move in.

"I'm sorry Rikuo-sama..." Tsurara was looking at the crowd below them, her blush long gone and her eyes sparkling no more. All her enthusiasm was gone. Rikuo looked down at her after commanding his ride to fly in a slow speed since he didn't want to miss a less populated area. The wind was dancing around them gracefully, flowing both Rikuo's and Tsurara's hair though Rikuo's hairs didn't flow as much as Tsurara's hair strands. Even in the night, when no moon shone and no lights were around them, he could still see her.

"What for?" he asked her in a gentle voice.

"I... I thought that maybe here I would be able to protect you but it always turns out with me coming in your way instead..." her voice broke when she spoke. She was trying really hard not to break down in front of her master. Rikuo ruffled her hair and leaned down so that his mouth was just next to her ear.

"You remember that I promised to protect everyone dear to me?" he asked her. She nodded. "Then why do you forget that you are dear to me?" the blush which had been faded came back to her cheeks again. The closeness between her and Rikuo-sama was too uncomfortable for her. His one arm was holding her from behind while the other patted her head and his head was leaned over her neck.

She didn't even notice when she got between his legs until her hands reached down to touch the surface they were sitting on. But instead of the ride's skin coming in contact with her hand, he hand touched Rikuo's lap. Rikuo didn't react to that but Tsurara's reaction was worth watching. Her face turned as red as a tomato which wasn't impossible since she was already as white as snow and she jerked her hand back. Her heart was beating so hard that she could feel it in her throat, as if it just climbed up. She clasped her hands and held them near her chest. This time Rikuo did see her blush and being in his yokai form which was mature, he knew the reason for her blush.

A smirk enveloped his lips as he held her tighter. Tsurara gasped as she was pulled against his chest. If her face could get redder, it would have. She built up her courage and looked up at her master. Their eyes met. Tsurara could see a mischievous glint in his eyes and she quickly looked away in embarrassment. Rikuo whistled and the ride got down. They weren't in the carnival territory anymore.

They were standing under a Sakura tree way below the mountain.

Rikuo didn't let go of Tsurara and leapt up at the closest branch of the tree and made himself comfortable. He still didn't let go of Tsurara even though he was completely aware of her uncomfortableness. He pulled out a few strands coming on her face behind her ear and rested his head on her shoulder. He was really tired since he hadn't got much sleep. The whole day he was helping others in his Day form and now he had to attend this tiresome carnival in his Night form.