Yokai Carnival (Part III)

The Parade had started and everyone was overjoyed. The parade was taking place on a Mountain with rarely any trees. The mountain had roads as you'd find in the cities. The parade was taking place on the roads itself. The whole public was standing out of the road's area, we can say that they were standing on the footpath or the mud or grass.

Some Yokai were showing off their talents as they passed us - Yuki-onna Yokai, Ayakashi Yokai, Tengu, Tanuki, Inugami, Natto, and many more of Yokai types were using their powers to make this parade enjoyable. Yuki-onna blew her breath in the air make a snow fountain, everyone started feeling a little cold, including Rikuo but he felt extraordinarily colder than anybody else, reason being that Tsurara got really inspired by the Yuki-onna in the parade and made her own snow fountain and as she was standing right next to Rikuo, a lot of snow fell on him making him shiver.

"Tsu-rara..." a sweat formed on Rikuo's brow which soon turned into snow. His eyes narrowed at her as he shivered while trying to get her attention. He could have just gone out of there but then Tsurara will get upset and anyway she is the only one who is escorting him. Rikuo stared at her for a moment, she was looked up at her snow fountain with wonderment while still blowing her cold breath in the air.

She looked too cute to deny it. "Tsu...Tsurara..." he said as he tugged her hair. He had found nothing else to tug, she wasn't wearing her scarf with vertical zigzag stripes or her white furisode and he wasn't going to tug her skin or the dress she wore as it was sticking to her figure from the upper-half and also he will get a slap on his face if he tries to tug the lower flowing part of her dress. As about yelling for getting her attention, why destroy everyone's mood? Well, for the matter, he won't be able to yell at her anyway. He likes her too much for his own good, he'll spoil that girl!

"Huh?" Tsurara turned to Rikuo with a puzzled expression but when she looked at him properly did she realize that she had nearly buried him in the snow. Really, Rikuo's half body was covered with the snow that fell from the fountain over him. His arms were folded and he was shivering fiercely while staring at Tsurara with narrowed eyes but not glaring, mind you. "Ri-Rikuo-sama?" she stuttered with guilt building up inside her. She sat down and dug all the snow that was covering Rikuo's legs vigorously. "I'm really sorry Rikuo-sama!" she cried ice tears. Rikuo sighed.

"H-Hey Tsurara!" Kubinashi groaned her name. Tsurara turned to look at Kubinashi who was now covered with snow because of her digging.

"Woah... I am sorry Kubinashi!" she apologized as she helped him with taking off the snow from his head and body. Tsurara looked like she would burst out crying out loudly, mainly because she nearly burried her master.

When all the snow was gone from both Kubinashi and her master's bodies, she sighed in relief and turned back to the parade. While Yuki-onna's snow fountain entertained everyone, Tengu flew up in the sky and turned the snow fountain into a cyclone. The cyclone got bigger and bigger above in the sky, then suddenly became extinct with one blow from Ayakashi's sword and all the snow was falling above us like it really was snowing though it was all Yokai doing. The cheers became louder at that, many even started trying it though this time Tsurara didn't join with everyone as she didn't want to bury her master yet again.

This presentation of snow was the sign of opening of the parade. As the Yokai passed everyone showing their powers in a presentable manner, the carriages entered. The carriages were in a straight line on both sides of the road with just one carriage moving in the middle. More Yokai were found standing on the carriages on both sides along with structures and decoration while on the middle carriage only one Yokai was seen laying. He was supporting his head with one hand and the other was waving to everyone.

"Oh hello everyone! Welcome to this century's Yokai carnival! That's right, all the newbies, we have this carnival once in a century!" he yelled enthusiastically. The whole Nura clan was there at the carnival and the total Yokai in the Nura clan were 10,000; Yokai from all over the Japan were coming so you can guess how much of the population had come on that mountain (approximately 75,000). If any human was to go there by mistake then he will surely turn into shreds of dust in not more than a minute.