Yokai Carnival (Part I)

"Master! Master!" a Yuki onna was searching for her beloved master who had went missing for the night.

"Yuki onna, did you find the Master yet?" a guy with a floating head asked as he approached her.

"Not yet Kubinashi" the Yuki onna shook her head. Their master had gone for a patrol around the town without informing anyone though an adviser of Nurarihyon, a black crow yokai had seen him go away.

"Karasu Tengu must have stopped him" Kubinashi blamed the black crow yokai who had seen their master go away.

"Hey, I tried to! But the master just won't listen" Karasu Tengu fought.

"Oh really? Did you even tell him the reason why we were not wanting him to go?" Kubinashi mocked.

"I couldn't because master ordered me to keep quite and go back" Karasu Tengu replied.
"Well you could have just told him before he left!" Kubinashi blamed him.
"Oh really? If I didn't tell him then why didn't you take the role of telling him Kubinashi?" Karasu Tengu asked mockingly. They both were glaring at each other.
"Stop it and search for the master, he will decide whose mistake it is then, alright?" Kejoro tried to calm them down.

"Divide yourself and search for Rikou" the Nurarihyon ordered.

"Yes sir" everyone agreed and divided themselves in total four groups.

1. Yuki onna, Kubinashi, Aotabo

2. Karasu Tengu and his sons

3. Kurotabo, Kappa, Kejoro, Jami

4. Zen, Gozumaru, Mezumaru

The first group had to search in West, the second had to search in North, the third had to search in East while the fourth had to search South.

"Where could have Master gone..." Kubinashi wondered out loud.

"Master! Master!" Yuki onna yelled while crying. Kubinashi looked at her with sympathy while searching for their master at the same time. "What... what if master is in trouble? I have to protect master! What if master got hit by a train or maybe... maybe..." she was crying loudly now. Aotabo after getting irritated by Yuki onna went to search North East direction. Kubinashi sighed and put his arm around Yuki onna's shoulder which shocked Yuki onna.

"Calm down, nothing like that will happen after all as Karasu Tengu said master went in his Night form" Kubinashi rubbed her arm. She nodded but still kept crying though not loudly this time.

"Oikawa-san?" a voice called. Yuki onna looked around to see who called her and soon found the owner of the voice.
"Shima-kun? Kiyotsugu-kun?" Yuki onna asked in her confusion. The two guys approached them. Kubinashi quickly attached his head to his body.

"Oikawa-san what are you doing here?" Kiyotsugu asked.

"And who is he?" Shima glared at Kubinashi whose arm was still around Yuki onna.

"We are on a date so if you don't mind would you just leave us alone?" Kubinashi quickly answered. Yuki onna's face turned crimson as Kubinashi tightened his grip on her.

"W-what?" Shima was totally heart broken while Kiyotsugu just smiled at her.

"M-more importantly, what are you guys doing here?" Yuki onna asked while trying to recover herself.
"We are here on random Yokai hunt" Kiyotsugu said with total determination.

"Good luck with that then" Kubinashi replied coolly and started walking away, pulling Yuki onna along with him.
"How rude! How can Oikawa-san actually like that guy?" Shima glared at Kubinashi's back, deciding on acting like that when near Oikawa-san.
"K-Kubinashi what was the need to call this a date?" Yuki onna stuttered.
"Well, would they have let us go if I wouldn't have said that this was a date?" he asked her while smirking at her reaction.

"Y-yeah right..." she replied. Kubinashi still didn't let her go but still they kept searching for their master, this time quietly.

An hour passed went by.

"You guys never told me that you were dating" It was the voice that they wanted to hear.

"R-Rikuo-sama!" Yuki onna jumped with joy as she ran and embraced her master.
"Tsu-Tsurara..." Rikuo blushed lightly while not returning the hug. Tsurara quickly pulled away giving him her most cheerful smile.

"We have been searching you for hours Master Rikuo" Kubinashi bowed.
"It looked more like walking lovingly in each other's arms" Rikou narrowed his eyes suspiciously at them. Both of them blushed slightly in embarrassment.

"I... I was just comforting Yuki onna" Kubinashi replied. The blush on Tsurara's cheeks rose.

"Comforting her for what?" Rikuo asked as he looked at Tsurara with worried eyes.

"I was... very worried about Master that is why..." Tsurara replied. Rikuo smiled at her warmly.

"Well, Rikuo-sama, then shall we go home?" Kubinashi asked.

"Okay" he replied as they all went towards their home.

Back at home, everyone had already come back from searching, all empty handed, well of course as their Master was with Yuki onna and Kubinashi.

"Master!" everyone screamed in joy at the sight of their master who was entering the main house. Rikuo looked at everyone with confusion written all over his face.

"Why was everyone looking for me?" he asked.
"Master, there is a Yokai carnival going on nearby" Karasu Tengu replied.
"Yokai carnival?" Rikuo asked.
"So you are finally here Rikuo, it'll soon be dawn so I guess we can't go to the carnival today... be ready tomorrow night. Everyone go back to their rooms." Nurarihyon, Rikuo's grandfather said and went back to his room. Everyone went back to their room as well without listening to what Rikuo had to say. Tsurara also was about to go but Rikuo stopped her.

"Oi, Tsurara" Rikuo called.
"Yes, Young Master?" she asked. Cheerfully as always.
"What is this Yokai Carnival?" he asked. Tsurara giggled with excitement.

"Well, Master would see that tomorrow night" she giggled. "Good night, Rikuo-sama" she said and went to her room. Rikuo sighed and went to his room as well.

The next night everyone gathered together.

"Rikuo you are not in your Yokai form" his grandfather pointed out.
"So what gramps?" he asked.
"There are going to be Yokai out there so you can't go there while still human" his grandfather replied.

"But I can't just turn into my Night form just like that" he said.
"Fine then we won't be going to night either" his grandfather said to which everyone's face dropped.

"B-But gramps everyone was looking forward to it!" he said as he looked over Tsurara whose cheerful smile wasn't there anymore.

"It's your mistake that they can't go Rikuo" his grandfather said as again just like the night before he went to his room along with everyone else. This time Rikuo was left all alone. He walked out and stood in front of the Sakura tree.

"I think you must leave all the Yokai stuff to me kid" his Yokai self who as he saw was sitting on the nearest branch of the tree said.
"Fine hurry up already! Everyone is upset" Rikuo said as he waited for his other form to come. His Night form chuckled and changed places with the 'Day Rikuo'. The Night Rikuo went inside the hall.
"Hey everyone, don't you want to go to the carnival today?" Rikuo asked loudly. Tsurara was the first one to enter the hall.

"R-Rikuo-sama!" she smiled widely as she went to stand next to him. He smiled back at her.
"I hope you are happy now" he whispered to her. She blushed. Soon everyone came out too, as happy as ever. His grandfather was happy too. They all soon sat in the vehicle and started on their way.