46.

A/N: I am back after lord knows how long. For all those who saw my announcement, you would know. For those who didn't, I was down with a very bad flu and hence I couldn't update. But now I am up and healthy. So there will be regular updates. So sorry to keep you all waiting ❤️

"You are awake?"

I looked up to see Taehyung looking at me in concern. I nodded as I straightened up, trying my best to not make any noise which would wake Hoseok up.

Taehyung scooted beside me and out of habit I wrapped my arms around him and snuggled my face in his chest.

A part of me was glad he didn't hear the guy and Appa talking. I could only imagine what his reaction would be. He would have probably murdered the guy right here. Also, I did not have the emotional strength to deal with it right now. So it was best if he was kept in the dark.

"Does it hurt?", he asked stroking my head.

"Absolutely not. I am fine as the day, my dude", I responded with a giggle.

"Don't joke. I was being serious", his hand stopped stroking my head and I looked up to meet his eyes, all playfulness disappearing from me.

"I am sorry. It doesn't hurt. I just thought I should make the mood light"

He did not say anything but I saw his adam's apple move slightly.

"Nana", he called out to me softly and I saw him in tears. It wasn't often that you saw the lord of the underworld crying and my heart clenched in despair knowing that I was the reason he was shedding tears right now.

"I am sorry", he spoke almost inaudibly. "I am sorry, I cannot do anything to make this stop. I...", more tears rolled down his eyes and he hid his face in his hands.

"Taehyung", I managed to propel myself up despite not having an ounce of strength in my body. It took me a little effort but I managed to removed his hands from his face. His cheeks were glistening with tears. Using my sweater paws, I wiped it.

"Do you believe in me Tae?"

"Believe what?", he spoke through tears.

"Me. Believe me? Do you have faith in me?"

He nodded slightly.

"How much?", I asked.

He parted his hands wide like a kid to show me how much and I smiled.

"So will you believe me when I say that I am going to get through this and be with you"

He didn't say anything but more tears rolled down his eyes. I took his hand in mine as I kissed the top.

"This is going to pass soon and at the end of this, I am going to be fit and fine and be with you. I don't want you to worry, you know why? Because I have you, Appa, Hobi, Jiminie and Yoongi Oppa. And I know you all will take care of me. So trust me okay? Trust me when I say all of it will be fine"

He nodded his head and I wrapped my arms around him, resting his head on my chest as I kissed his hair.

I lied but if that made him happy, I was willing to hide the truth till the end.

———•••———

Awkward silence filled the air. No one said anything. Everyone just sat in a circle, lamenting to their own selves. Appa looked down. Must be his conversation with that white haired guy from earlier. Jimin Oppa's eyes were puffed, he must have been crying. Yoongi Oppa was caressing his head slowly. Hobi looked like someone had sucked all life out of him. I felt so bad because he was in this condition trying to save me. Taehyung on the other hand was seating quietly beside me, holding my hand.