20.

I stepped out of the bus, my hands gripping my luggage as I looked for the familiar face. Just a couple of meters away stood Namjoon, a dimpled smile on his face as he saw me. I smiled a little at his sight but I couldn't get myself to be as excited as I was everytime I saw him.

"How are you", he said giving me a tight hug and I hugged him back, not wanting to let go. Namjoon heard a soft sob and his hold became tighter. "Its okay, Oppa is here. Don't cry", he said stroking my head. "Let's get you home. You don't want to be out here for long"

I nodded and wiped my cheeks as I followed him to his car. We both sat in as we began the drive towards his house. His house was a little far from the main city but it was still a beautiful little home he had bought producing hit songs for top idol groups in Korea.

He took my bag and I followed him in. "Let's talk in the living room", he said. "But first let me get you tea"

He came back later with two cups of beautiful jasmine tea as he handed me my cup. I took a sip of the warm liquid, letting it soothe my throat as I registered it's taste.

"What happened Nana?"

"Oppa you know how Grandpa told everyone in the family my mother Hwayoung died in a car accident?"

Namjoon nodded, recalling the incident from seven years ago. How they had received a phone call in the middle of the night telling them Hwayoung was dead. He was too young to understand anything but he still remembered how hurt and broken everyone was when they heard it.

"She didn't"

His eyes widened as he took a moment to understand what she said. "Aunt Hwayoung didn't die in a car accident?"

I shook my head. "She died giving birth to me", I said as tears rolled down my eyes. "Grandpa lied to everyone. He told all the family members three days after her actual death. Her death anniversary isn't three days after my birthday. It is on my birthday"

Namjoon was frozen in his seat. It all made sense now. Why Grandpa refused to answer anyone's questions.

"Nana, are you sure. I mean, I don't...", his words trailed off. He still couldn't believe what he was hearing.

"I confronted him about this", I said recalling the bitter memories from yesterday. "He broke down in tears. The only thing he said was that my mother didn't deserve this. And that if it wasn't for her dying wish, he would have never taken care of me. They all think I am the reason she died...", I choked on my words as I couldn't speak more.

Namjoon's heart ached as he saw her like this. He pulled her into a hug as he pat her back. "It is not your fault Nana. You were a mere newborn child. What could you have done? You had no say in any of this. It was Aunt Hwayoung's choice to have you"

"They hate me.. they all hate me..", she cried her eyes out. "I feel unwanted"

"You are not unwanted, don't even think that", he said, his grip tightening on the crying girl. "And no one hates you. Grandpa must have said that because he was overwhelmed with emotions or probably in the heat of the situation. But he could never hate you. You are his granddaughter, his blood. He loves you and I have seen it myself"

"I don't know Namjoon but I am not going back. I don't want to go back"

"If you don't want to go back, then don't. You can stay here for as long as you want. I know sometimes how difficult family can be so I won't force you to go back. We will figure something out for you okay? Right now let us eat lunch first. And then we can sit and decide something for you. Maybe look up colleges here?"

I nodded, wiping my cheeks and the disgusting snot that threatened to drip down from my nose. Namjoon stood up to go order lunch leaving me by myself.