45.

"NANA", Taehyung and Jin both screamed as they rushed to the girl.

Her body fell to the ground with a thud. Taehyung immediately picked her body up which within minutes went cold. Jimin's eyes widened as he saw how blue she went. Streams of blood rolled from her nose and corners of her mouth. He took a step back as Hoseok pushed past him towards the girl whose body was now having a seizure as it slammed repeatedly on the floor.

This all felt disturbingly familiar to him. He too had been through this 7 years ago. It was a hidden memory in his past which he rather not bring to the surface again. But to see his sister go through the same thing made his heart clench.

He could do nothing so he stood there, tears rolling down his eyes. This all felt too close to home. He had been through this traumatic phase as well but now to see Nana suffer made him ache.

Yoongi noticed this as he immediately rushed to Jimin. Holding the younger's hand he pulled him.

"Go to your room Jimin. You don't have to see this. We will tale care of Nana, go in now"

Jimin stood there wide eyed, Nana's body the only thing in his view. How Taehyung kept yelling at Hoseok to do something, how the later was furiously chanting something. How his father held her body down while a pool of blood formed by her head.

"JIMIN"

He immediately snapped out of it as he looked at Yoongi.

"Go in now"

Jimin wanted to refuse and resist but no words came out of his mouth. He let his boyfriend pull him in, as his sister disappeared from his view. After putting Jimin inside, Yoongi rushed out. He immediately went up to the girl as he too spoke a few spells which helped Hoseok.

Both Taehyung and Jin were a crying mess as tears rolled down their eyes endlessly. This was the first time Jin had seen this happen to Nana, and nothing had prepared him to see his daughter suffer like this. Taehyung had seen this before and an unexplainable fear was taking over him.

As the lord of hell he never feared anything or anyone but the mere thought of something worse happening to Nana was enough to make him hysterical and out of his mind.

"HOSEOK STOP", Yoongi yelled at the healer. Jin was suddenly taken aback as he looked at Yoongi — why would this man stop Hobi from trying to heal his daughter? That was until he saw Hoseok.

Blood dripping from his nose, skin completely red and bloody lips. The man was trembling as white light left his body and towards Nana's body who was now relatively stable. Jin immediately stood up to pull Hoseok away.

Hobi would kill himself if he continued even a second more.

Hoseok snapped out as he was suddenly jolted away. His vision was clouding and he could feel ever vein in his body ache. But he had to save Nana. He couldn't let anything happen to her. He tried to move forward to her but stopped as his legs went numb.

Seconds later he saw the floor coming closer and closer as he fell face forward on the floor, later losing every inch of consciousness within him.

"HOBI", Jin yelled. Knowing Taehyung and Yoongi were watching Nana, he immediately rushed to the younger boy. His breath was uneven and barely there.

"No no no no", Jin slapped his face lightly to wake him up.

"Hyung move", Yoongi instructed the older as he hovered over Hoseok. He raised his fingers slightly and a faint aqua swirl left them, washing over Hoseok before disappearing.

"This should stabilize him for a few minutes. Wait with him Hyung. I will be back", he told Jin who nodded, almost on the verge of tears as he saw two of the people closest to him battling for their lives.

With that he clicked his fingers and a portal opened. He stepped in and vanished in a whiff, leaving behind nothing.

———•••———

"She is doing better now", a man with deep silver hair spoke, which were tied neatly in a bun behind his back.

Yoongi had been quick in his thinking to fetch one of the high priests from heaven. High priests were some of the oldest and most learnt men in heaven. They had spent years mastering healing and medicine and at that moment the only person who could save both Hoseok and Nana was a high priest.

But the only problem with them was they couldn't be on earth for long. Not more than a few minutes and hence Jin couldn't ask the high priest to be Nana's healer.

So here sat Armis as he looked at Nana and Hoseok who were both sleeping peacefully on the bed.

The atmosphere was so awkward and the tension was so thick in the air that one could choke on it. Lucifer's presence had made Armis extremely uncomfortable. Most of the dwellers of heaven hadn't forgotten about the events of the past and Armis was one of them. Especially since Taehyung had been his own student, he had felt even worse.

And what tipped the needle on the other side was the fact that Jin let his daughter court the devil.

But all this wasn't his concern right now. He had more important matters at hand.

Taehyung too was completely awkward and disturbed by Armis's presence. But a part of him had shut down seeing Nana like this. He really couldn't process anything. Despite being so powerful, he could do nothing to save Nana and that was eating him up.

"Jin", Armis spoke and the man addressed immediately looked up from stroking Nana's head.

"Can I talk to you?"

Jin nodded.

"In private", Armis stressed and looked at Lucifer, more on the lines of glared causing the other to stiffen up.

"I will be outside", Taehyung announced in a low voice to no one particular as he left the room to find Yoongi who was currently watching over a sleeping Jimin.

"Jin", Armis called out to gain his attention. "We need to talk about something. I know no father would want to hear this about their child but I have to tell you this"

"Then don't tell me something I don't want to hear", Jin choked up on his words. Mostly because he knew what the other had to say and he much rather not hear it. It was better to be oblivious than live knowing the truth.

Armis sighed. "Jin, she will not make it"

"STOP IT PLEASE", Jin cried and yelled. "SHE WILL LIVE AND NOTHING WILL HAPPEN TO HER"

"Son, listen to me. I am only preparing you for what is to come. Hoseok isn't in a position to heal her. I am not. The day of her transition is coming near and symptoms will get worse. I just want to prepare you"

"NO", he cried. "NO", Jin was getting frantic. "JIMIN MADE IT AND SO WILL NANA"

"Jin, not all halflings make it through the transition. You know this. You have seen Angels lose their children. If it is going to happen, than its fate. And you cannot change fate"

"I don't care", Jin said, his body shaking. "I don't want to hear anything you have to say. I am not going to give up hope for my daughter. I want to believe a future with her beside me. And I am going to do everything I can to protect my daughter High priest. And now, I cannot thank you enough for coming down and helping us but if you don't mind, we should let Nana rest"

Armis stood up as he understood Jin wanted him to leave. He did not blame him. He was a father after all and wouldn't like to hear the truth. But it was certain. Nana wasn't going to make it.

He took one look at the child who laid there breathing softly. With that he turned and left followed by Jin.

Both of them left oblivious to the fact the girl was awake the whole time they had this discussion. Nana opened her eyes as they left, a single tear rolling down her eyes towards the bed. The child had heard everything.

She knew she was going to die soon.