Part 18

"So what are you gonna do about Ben?" Lucy asked as the three strolled into the clothing department of Target. "I really don't know." "Do you love him?" Gwil asked. "I mean I don't know. Part if me thinks it's way too soon. I mean, we haven't even said if we are boyfriend and girlfriend or not." "Oh god." Lucy said as she looked away. "What?" "Don't Look now but I think I just saw your dad and you sister heading this way." "Shit." "Hey Maggie!" Said Magnolia's father Parkin his cart next to hers. "Hey dad!" She said giving him a hug. "Ash." She said giving her sister a slight nod. "Get I've her big sis!" Ashley said grabbing her sister and hugging her. "I swear to fucking God if you say a word about what happened, I will not hesitate to tell him about you and Ben." Ashley whispered. "Where's Ben?" Asked Roger. "Go ahead." Magnolia whispered back pulling away from her sister.

"He's back at his flat. He didn't want to come." "Same," responded Roger, "I would have liked to give him that talk about respecting you." They all laughed a little and then it became awkwardly silent. "So, um, what brings you to Target?" Lucy asked. "My dear Ashley wanted some new clothes." "Cool. Well, we must be off. Sorry our visit couldn't last longer." Magnolia said trying to pull her friends away. "Really?" Asked Ashley. "Yeah. Early morning tomorrow." "I though you were on a break." "Yeah, come on Maggie." Magnolia looked over at her friends and they had already fled. "Looks like I have to don't I."

Magnolia waited with her dad as her sister went to try on a bunch of clothes. "So, what ever happened to you and Michael." Magnolia coughed and her phone buzzed. It was Ben. He said: Ok. I'm an idiot. Im sorry that I ever regretted saying it for a second because I don't. I love you Magnolia Taylor. Never doubt that for a second. You are my world. The day to my night. You complete me and I love you. I know that you might think this is too soon because we don't even know what we are to each other. But, if it helps any, on I know this is super informal, but I want you to be my girlfriend. Just, please come back. I miss you and Frankie won't stop crying so if you don't come for me, come for him.

Magnolia smiled wide and she caught a glimpse of Lucy and Gwil. "Look Dad, can I cal, you later? I need to tell you something that I can't say in public." "Um, ok. Is everything ok?" "Yeah. Great." "Ok bye Maggie." "Bye Dad, call you later." She ran over to her friends and they showed her some cool stuff that they found. "Thanks for doing Target with out me!" She said. "Oh no. This is just the beginning. We need to hurry though," Lucy said, "Rami and Joe are scared we are never coming back." The friends finished up at Target and said bye to each other.

Magnolia drove back to Ben's flat. She knock on the door. "Who is it?" He asked. "Me." She responded. The door opened and she ran into Ben's arms. "I'm sorry." She said into his shoulder. "For what." "Making a big deal out of all of this. I love you and why I got mad at you for saying it is beyond me." Ben pulled away. "What did you say?" "I said I love you Ben. A lot. And, even though it was informal, I will be your girlfriend." They both smiled and his lips met hers. It was like fireworks. She allowed the kiss to deepen and she soon found herself back in Ben' room, her new favorite place to be.