Part 13

three days later...

"Mikey!" Magnolia said running up to her new boyfriend. "I missed you so much!" She said hugging him. "We are here too ya know?" Joe said. "Oh yeah. You too." "Rude." "I'm just kidding, I missed you too." She walked over to him and gave him a hug. He whispered, "We need to talk about you and Michael." She was taken aback and hugged Lucy. "I have to catch my flight out now. Sorry we don't get to spend more time together. I'll text you when I land in Sydney." "Bye love." she said. "Bye my flower." He kissed her cheek and left.

She turned back to her friends and they left the airport. When they got back to Magnolia's house, they called in a pizza and settled in in Magnolia's living room. "So when did we decide that we were down with Michael again?" Joe said. "Well, he showed up that first night at your trailer and we got to talking and I realized that I still had feelings for him. After all, we did almost have children together." "Yeah I get that just, be careful please." Joe said. "Ok. I will. Don't worry." "I thought you and Ben were together." Lucy said. "Oh, ha. Funny Lu. No way." "Really? Cause last time we talked you were kinda in the spot where you were ready to tell him." "Actually, on the note of Ben..." Joe said, gaining a groan from Magnolia. "Look I have to tell you this. He is really messed up Magnolia. He comes to work so hung over he can't see straight and his hair is a fucking nightmare, if you get what I'm saying." "So what do you want me to do about it Joe? Sorry I chose a guy who was willing to fight for me." "Just like, say something to him. anything. Well not anything. But ya know, something." "We've all tried but we think that it would be most effective if you did it." Lucy chimed in. "Ugh!" Magnolia sighed.

The next day Magnolia found herself outside of Ben's trailer. She took a deep breath as she knocked on the door. When it opened, she saw Ben standing there. HE looked like a wreck. His hair was disgusting and he had huge bags under his eyes. "Hey Ben." she said. "Hi." HE said, is voice more horse than usual. "Can I come in?" she asked. "Yeah. If you want." He stepped out of the door way to let  her in.

"Ok, I'm just gonna cut right to the chase here." she said. "Joe and Lucy told me about everything that has been happening." "Like?" "Like the fact that you are coming in hung over with post-sex hair like you have know." "How do you know what post sex hair looks like." Ben said. "Hm, so when he is hung over he can still be a smart ass," Magnolia said. "That's besides the point Ben. I just want to know why you are doing this?" "I wanna know why you are back with Michael." "Don't change the subject Ben. We are talking about you right now. Now tell me why." "You tell me first." he said. "No. Because I don't have to give you my reasons for doing what I do that's my business." "Well what I do is my own business Magnolia!" "Not if you are coming to work shit faced acting like everyone around you is shit on your shoe." Ben was turning red in the face. "SO just tell me. Just fucking tell me." Magnolia said very frustrated. "FINE!" Ben yelled. "I"m doing this because of you! Your the reason I'm falling down this dark spiral that In know all too well. I happens every time I meet someone. I think they are into me and when I try to make a move I realize that I was blinded my my own feelings and I fucked everything up. And it was so much worse this time because I really thought that you did like me. But now I just fucked everything up again. Stupid, stupid, stupi-" Magnolia cut him off by smashing her lips against his.