Ch-18: Every beginning must have an end

The next day:

It is almost evening. Nancy is sitting on the laptop and doing stuff. And then someone unlocks the door and come in. It's Scarlet. She sits behind Nancy.

"Come on dude. You have to get ready for the party."

"Just a little bit more."

"We will be late. Now get up."

Scarlet pulled Nancy and took her to the closet for a dress.

"Ok now, don't expect me to wear any gown or party dress something."

"Yeah. I know that you prefer classic and modern."

"Where is Amelia?"

"She will come a bit late."

"Ok. Now tell me what is going on with you and Luke?"

"Me and Luke? W-what are you talking about?"

" You know that you can't hide anything from me, right?"

"B-but there is actually no-"

"Spit it out already. "

"Ok.....Actually, I guess I like him. But I don't know about him."

"Did u ever see his eyes while he is talking with you. I am damn sure that he will fall for u."

"Now keep that aside. What's going with you and jungkook?"

"There is nothing. Truly. Who would fall for that jerk?"

"We will see, "Scarlet tells and smiles a little. Then after looking for some minutes, she finds a dress for Nancy.

" I told you I'm not wearing any heavy gown."

"You don't have to. But you can't just go to the party with your jeans."

"Ugh.......ok."

"Now try this one, "Scarlet gives her a dress. And after two minutes, Nancy came out of the changing room while Amelia also came and sat beside Scarlet. Nancy wore a simple black cocktail dress.

 Nancy wore a simple black cocktail dress

And mid-heels.

" Woah.....you look fabulous!" Amelia and Scarlet exclaimed. "Now let's do your make-up and hair."

"When will you guys do your own?"

"Shush. Don't disturb."

Nancy just applied a light touch of make-up and did her hair for the party.

"Perfect." Amelia and scarlet assured.

"Thank you so much, guys. You two are the best."

"Yeah yeah. Now for us until we are ready."

After 30 minutes Amelia and Scarlet also get ready and they too look fabulous. It is almost timed for the party.

"So, shall we be get going now?"
Nancy asks them.

"Yeah. Luke just texted me. The boys are waiting downstairs, "Scarlet told happily in excitement.

" Let's go," Amelia told while walking out.

"No way. I forgot to charge my phone. You guys go first. I will find the charger first."

"Ok. We will tell jungkook to wait for you."

"Wait, what-".Before Nancy can finish her sentence Amelia and Scarlet already walk out.

Nancy finds her power bank after searching for some time and finally go out of the room to go downstairs. She sees jungkook sitting on the couch with his phone. He is wearing a black suit and looks just perfect.

 He is wearing a black suit and looks just perfect

" Aren't you going to go to the party?"

Jungkook looked up and was totally shocked to see Nancy. And a few seconds, he got back to reality.

"What takes  you so much time?"

"Like I told you to wait for me."

Nancy POV:
_____________

Jungkook looks good in that black suit. Wait, what am I even thinking?

"Let's just get going," he tells and walks out of the door. There are a car and some men in a black suit waiting outside. He gets into the driver seat and I got in the seat behind him.
The ride gets silent for the first few minutes. It is a beautiful road with trees and street lamps surrounding around.

It has been 10 minutes since he is driving. And whenever I am with him, I  just feel like I want to get close to him and hug him. I don't know what is happening to me. But how long do I have to tolerate this?

"How long will it take?"

"Just a few minutes more. Be patient, baby girl."

"I told you not to call me that."

"Yeah yeah," he just tells and gives a smirk. What does he think of himself?

After 2 minutes, we finally reach the party hall. I get out of the car as some men opened the door for me and jungkook.

I went in following jungkook. It's a large hall surrounding with a crowd of peoples. I can't find Luke, Scarlet, V or Amelia anywhere. I looked to my side and jungkook is also not there. Like WTF. How can they leave me like this?

Then, I  hear someone speaking in a mike. I look up to my side and a man maybe he is in his early  50 speakings.
And everyone bowing and paying him respect.

"Good evening, everyone. Most of you may be thinking of the reason for today's party. There are not many days left for me being the chief anymore. I am retiring within 1 or 2 months. And the post of next chief will go to my one and only son. Jeon jungkook."

Jungkook went up there as everyone clapped and bowed. His father looked happy but he seems to like. Idk. I can't read his expressions. But he is just standing with a blank expression but clearly visible that he is not happy.
The speech continued and it was more and more crowd inside.

I feel so suffocated here. I found a staircase and followed along the staircase not knowing where I am going. After the fourth floor, I finally found the rooftop. It was totally empty with zero people.

I relax my hand on the railings and relaxe myself a bit. Then  someone comes from behind me and told,

"Don't you feel lonely?" I turned around and saw jungkook coming towards me. I didn't want to see him but why is he becoming so close?

"What do you want here?"

"Every beginning must have an ending, baby girl."

____________To be continued__________