That night after dinner and the kids went off to do their own thing, I did get a hold of Rose like Declan asked.  “So Rose, remember how one of Declan’s friends might be Sasha’s son?”

“Oh yeah!”

“Well they’re pretty positive that he is.  I saw him myself and the resemblance is quite shocking.”

“Really?!  So he could be our nephew?”

“He could.”

“Wow, alright.”

“So he wants to meet you both and his cousins.”

“Oh!  Of course!  When?”

“This weekend.  Would you like to have dinner here?”

“That sounds great!  Um…will Sasha be showing up?”

“Declan said she probably wouldn’t, but I’m not positive.  I mean if she gets any wind that he’s coming here then I’m sure she wouldn’t hesitate to show her face.  Unless she’s somehow…not her.”

“That’s true.  Well, let’s cross our fingers.”

“Yes, can you imagine if her and I crossed paths again?”

“The seventh level of hell would open up and swallow the Earth whole.”

“My point exactly.”

Suddenly I felt two arms wrap around my waist.  “Who’s that?” Carson whispered.

“Rose.” I quickly replied.

“Is Carson there?” She asked.

“Yes.” I chuckled.

“Alright, well this Saturday at four?”

“Sounds great!”

“Goodbye beautiful!”

“See you then.” I hung up and turned to face Carson.  “It’s not nice to distract me when I’m on the phone.” I grinned.

He laughed lightly and held me close.  “I’ll be as mean as I want.” He replied leaning down and kissing my cheek.

I giggled, “Stop being so sweet, it freaks me out half the time.”

“Fine, I won’t be so sweet then.” He grinned and then picked me up, swinging me over his shoulder.