8. The Mentor

8

We continued watching the movie and through it I scooted closer and closer to Declan.  He was so warm and comfortable.  I just wanted to.

But all good things must come to an end.  The movie finished and I knew my parents were going to pick me up around six.  I had about a half an hour left. 

“Great movie!” Lyn said stretching and standing up.  Her shirt went up a little revealing her stomach a little and I saw Noah staring.  Made me chuckle a little to myself.

Suddenly Declan leaned down and whispered, “You weren’t kidding when you said he likes her.”

“You noticed that too huh?”

We both snickered to ourselves.

“What’s so funny you two?” Lyn asked eyeing us.

We both immediately stopped laughing and put on innocent faces.  “Nothing, Declan just said something humorous.” I replied quickly.

“Okay whatever.” She smiled slyly. Her and Noah both left the room.

“Well, I’m going to peel out early.” Chelsea said.  “I’ve got some homework to do and no time tomorrow.” She smiled and we both said goodbye to her.

“Well, how was your first mainstream movie experience?” Declan asked.

“It was great!  The movie was very long, but interesting.” I said beaming.

“I’m glad you liked it.  We will definitely have to do this a lot to catch you up.”

“I’m a quick learner.” I smirked.

“Yeah I can tell.” He chuckled.

“You know, I was thinking about how I’ve been here a few weeks and I’ve already learned so much.  About people and myself.”

“That’s good.” He smiled big. “It’s like I’m your Mentor.  Teaching you in the ways of teenagers.”

“Wouldn’t that make Chelsea, Quinn, and Lyn my mentors too?”

“No, because they’re your teachers.  They teach you girly things.  Things that you can actually probably get from anyone.  I teach you something you can’t learn from other girls…well…you can, but I don’t think you really swing that way.” He chuckled.

“Huh?” I completely did not understand what he was referring to.

“Never mind.  But do you see what I mean?  I show you things and you learn more about yourself and there’s a deeper meaning to what I do.”

“Wow, you’re sure humble.” I laughed.

“Hey, I’m explaining our roles.  They’re your teachers and I’m your mentor.  It makes sense!”

I thought about it for a minute.  “So, it’s like they teach me basics, but you teach deeper and show me things they can’t.”

“Exactly what I just said.” He said flicking my head again.

“Alright, I get it! No need to flick!” I laughed.

“Okay,” he replied slyly. “How about I tickle you instead?”

“What?!” Because I couldn’t stop him he began tickling me and I couldn’t breath.  I was laughing and kicking.  “Stop! Ah! Stop Declan!” I continued laughing and he was too.

He finally stopped and I hit his should.  “Jerk!”

“Oh hush, you were laughing.” He said shoving my shoulder playfully.