It All Stops With You

Gwilym had come over not long after Ben's text, having a free day from filming to spend time with the lovely ginger. It was only a walk away which made everything much either, changing into a comfortable pair of jeans and a t-shirt before making his way over to Ben's. A bottle of wine and some snacks as a 'Welcome to London' for Joe.

Sneaking in as quietly as he could with how loud the lock sounded through the house, He wasn't expecting to find the other boy sunk into the cushions as far as he could manage. Cuddling up to a pillow with his phone in hand and wearing one of Ben's older shirts that he hadn't seen the boy wear in far too long. The older of the two kicked off his shoes quickly and made his way over to the sunken boy. Wine, snacks, and all.

"Hey Joe, good to see you again." The smile he sent to the ginger was easy with underlinings of comfort.

Joe nearly had a heart attack, phone dropping onto his thigh. "Jesus Gwil you nearly gave me heart failure!"

"Sorry buddy," he moved through the kitchen with a chuckle. Rummaging through the drawers until he found what he was looking for. The corkscrew. Once the bottle was opened and he was able to pour two generously full glasses, made his way over to Joe. "Here." Carefully handing one glass to Joe, Gwilym sat back on the couch. The other boy looking so small loosely holding onto a throw pillow, legs criss crossed, wine glass in hand. Silently he hoped the boy would open up to him about whatever seemed to be bothering him. It was odd, seeing Joe so down when just a few months ago he was lighting up a room with his genuine smile and laughing up a storm. "What's wrong?" He had to pry, seeing as the boy had gone silent.

Joe was silent for a moment, avoiding looking at Gwilym. He felt silly getting upset over what people who didn't matter thought of him and his relationship with Ben. Even then it still hurt. 'Gold digger' 'slut' 'sugar baby' and the worst part was that they didn't even try and understand who he was. Jumping to quick conclusions like everyone else. Following the trend of beating down on someone who wasn't what the public thought was best for Ben.

What did they know?

I... well I was just trying to watch some tv and it was on some talk show and... they think I'm a gold digger, Gwil. Me. I could care less how much Ben is worth because his money means nothing to me."

Gwilym wrapped his arms around thin shoulder, pulling the other closer and letting him rest his head on his own shoulder. "Those people don't know what they're talking about, Mate. We know how much you two care about each other."

"... I know. And I thought I was over it but then I turned on my phone to see if Rami was back at the dorm yet and just let him know I made it here and then... my phone blew up with all these notifications and a lot of them were good but then there were a few who were bashing me for being with Ben and I just... I don't understand why it matters so much to them."

"It's because it doesn't matter. Don't let anyone dictate your relationship. You guys are great together and that's what matters. Screw everyone else." The thumb on his upper arm rubbed soothing circles into the worn out tee he had stolen from Ben.

There was a moment of silence only their breathing being heard between the two before Joe spoke up once again. A soft smile in his voice, "Hey Gwil?"

"Yeah?"

"Thank you."

By the time Ben had gotten back, after sitting in his car talking over with one of the talk shows he not only had made an appearance on more than once but one of the few he actually liked, Gwilym had already invaded his home. Finding him and Joe cuddled up on his couch watching some crappy show, the ginger already half asleep. An empty bottle and two glasses lay abandoned tucked next to the couch.