No Place Like Home

"Are you sure you packed everything?" Rami's voice rang from the other side of the room from Joe's phone that was sitting on the bedside table. The younger boy had been helping Joe pack for the last hour while Ben,  after offering Joe to join him in the shower who instead smacked his ass and sent him on his way, and got his own things together.

Rami, who was planning on flying back to the dorms the next day, had been thrilled to hear about his friend's adventure to the big city, London. After, of course, Joe begged for forgiveness and Rami finally gave in after the other promised never to lock himself up and not talk to his friend. Honestly, the younger of the two friends was just happy Ben had been able to pull the ginger out of the darkness that plagued him. Getting him out of the dorm and out of LA for a bit will probably be the best for Joe. And finding out the two planned on coming out and being a public couple meant he could post ALL the pictures he had of the two making heart eyes at each other and holding hands. Rami was more than ready to be the captain of this ship and of course share parenting with Gwilym and Lucy who would both fuss over the two lovebirds just as much as he would.

They would need a ship name...

"Yes, for the hundredth time."

Ben at this point was sitting on Joe's bed, towel around his waist while he packed up all the clothes he had thrown into his suitcase. Still very much naked but not bothered by the chill in the air from the air conditioner the pair had just gotten to work again.

"And you checked the weather? You know it's not the same as it is in LA I can't have you going there in shorts and freezing to death."

"I'll be fine, Ram."

"And condoms? You have to have those. And don't you worry I even bought the flavored ones," you could hear the smugness in Rami's voice with a wink following. Joe had all but tripped getting up to pick up his phone, crossing the room with his face burning like he was on fire. "Can't have you getting pregnant yet. Not until you're married young man."

"Ok! Ok! Thank you, Rami. Goodbye."

"Oh... is Ben there?"

Ben was on his back laughing, clenching his side and trying to catch his breath while Joe glared at him.

"Hello, Rami." Ben huffed out through his fits of laughter.

"Oh, hello, Benjamin dear. I hope you're being safe with my Joe. I don't want to have to hurt you."

"Safe as can be, don't you worry."

"Well I'll leave you two lovebirds alone. Play safe. Love you Joe!" And with that the line went dead with Joe throwing his phone down on the sheets next to Ben. The other still hadn't quite caught his breath, gasping for air and rubbing at his aching sides.

"Not a word."

Ben helped Joe finish packing up toiletries and any little things he may need like his phone charger and a pair of headphones for the plane ride. Their flight was to leave late the same day which gave them enough time to eat something and get out of the country before rumors spread and Joe's dorm was surrounded by noisy college kids.

Dinner was picked up by Joe, clothes damp in spots from the wrestle match him and Ben had gotten into before he had left, their laughter captured and trapped in the old brick of his dorm. He was thankful. Things felt almost... normal again and that thought alone had Joe relaxing a bit.

They agreed on just some plain pizza from the shop not too far off campus, the ginger only leaving once he assured the other he would be fine treading off campus for a few minutes. He wasn't expecting to have so many people staring at him already, whispering to each other and glaring at him considering most of the college students on his campus normally didn't come back till much later in the night or the first day classes started.