chapter 18

Xavier was not a man who liked people who are emotional or too clingy. Yet he could not push her away from him. He stood there like a statue while she cried on his shoulders. What a strange girl and weird she is, always ends up in some or other trouble yet headstrong and brave but who is he blaming when he himself masks his demons with this strong emotionless nature of his. He never wanted anyone to show him sympathy or even empathy, all his life he has been enough for himself and he doesn't want anyone to come over and lecture him on random stuff. Sometimes being rude is helpful, it creates a bad image and keeps the unnecessary people away but this girl, Kriya, never understands how someone so fragile and sensitive like her goes out in front of the world with open emotions.

Since childhood he has always been an observer. In a few encounters it's easy for him to judge the person and its personality and as far as his observation this girl is nothing but an overly sensitive traumatized child who has an inferiority complex and tries to seek comfort from every other thing.

"If you keep on crying like this, my whole shirt will be washed with tears in next few minutes" Xavier tried to comfort her with the worst line possible and the next second she cried even more hysterically.

"Ok! Ok get it. It was a bad line" he said pulling her face up cupping it in between his palms while her whole face looked like a waterfall.

Xavier looked at her and thought something for a second. He wanted to say some motivational line but she looked like some lost child in a fair who has been separated from her parents and now crying to find them. "Hey! Calm down kriya."

"I am a loser!" she declared in front of her biggest competitor. If it was some other day Xavier would have died to hear these words from her mouth but for today he was behaving like a teammate who stood beside her.

"you can never be a good doctor if you keep on crying like that. Dr Massof scolded you because you made a mistake and it's important for you to learn from it and not cry like this." He said looking into her eyes and wiping the tears away.

Kriya looked at him with puppy eyes. He is right. She made a mistake and instead of learning from it she is behaving like usual. Why cannot she leave her anxiety away for a second and actually work on her behavior and personality.

She moved away from his palms and whipped her face with the tissue on the table. "Thanks. I am fine now."

"You are highly annoying." Xavier said, trying to mask his emotions like usual. Kriya looked down and hummed a silent yes. He looked at her and felt strange. For some reason he wanted to smash his lips on her. He remembers the last time he did that. Having no clue why he did and what got into him, he is not a man who forces himself on women but for some reason he did.

"let's go" he declared and grabbed her hand and pulled her outside with him.

"Wait! Where are you taking me, stop. Wait! Hello! What is this behavior" she kept on shouting from the back but he kept running and dragging her outside and stopped in the parking lot.

"Are you mad or what Xavier? Do you get some attacks or something? Stop behaving like a maniac." Kriya said, catching her breath.

Instead of answering her, Xavier pushed his bike keys into the vehicle and wore his helmet and rode on his bullet.

"Hop in" he said.

"Absolutely not. I do not trust you with anything. First you make fun of me , then you drag me here, and now you want me to go somewhere with you, not even knowing where you are taking me, absolutely not. I am no fool" kriya shouted.

"Lord! You are an annoying girl. For once keep your mouth shut and hop in. I am not a kidnapper who will kidnap you or kill you. Even though I can if I want but trust me there are way more interesting things in this world than killing you. You are the most boring person who cannot even run away to survive. It's too easy to kill you but for now I have no such plans. So, ride in and trust me. I am doing this for your own good" Xavier spoke out annoyed.