chapter 12

Kriya shifted away from Xavier and moved to attend the ringing phone, leaving Xavier cursing behind. The name said aloud "Reyansh" which made her bite her cheeks and tight her eyelids. The scenario is taking different turns now and she is in no mood to play around. "hello!?" kriya answered trying not to sound nervous from the proximity she shared with Xavier few seconds ago.

"are you done for the day?" he asked.

"umm, yes. Just packing my stuff. Why?" she asked trying to put the words together and not jumble the words.

"excellent! I am outside. Come out soon, I am waiting in the parking area". His words sounded chirpy which made her zoned out. No, he, he, oh god! No, he didn't just say that! Or maybe he, oh lord! It's insane. Reyansh Singhania is waiting for her in parking? is it even real? And for lord's sake why?

"hello! You there kriya?" he reassured when no response came.

"yes! Sorry I just went a little out of focus. I am coming out in a minute or two". Assuring him, she ended the call, only to turn back and face a very irritated Xavier who looked not only pissed but angry at the same time.

"it was your boyfriend! Wasn't it?" Xavier asked stretching the word boyfriend to make sure it sounded taunting enough.

"he is not my boyfriend!"

"oh really? Then who is he? What relation you share with that man?" his voice sounded sharp which made kriya contrast her brows.

"for name of lord, Xavier its none of your business what relation I share with whom. It's my personal life and let me clear it to you again for last time that he is not my love interest. Get that in your pea size brain". Her words were clear enough to give him a proper warning and sounded pretty clear that she was in no mood to mess around.

Grabbing her belongings pretty quickly kriya, without any delay walked out leaving Xavier behind lost in his own thoughts. This behavior wasn't expected from a man like Xavier. All he did was enough to test her patience. First taunting her and then trying to get close and now behaving as if she needs to give him some sort of clarification. Like why? He isn't her friend or any one she shares a close bond with, then why this strange behavior. Men are defiantly hard to predict and understand. All this while she completely forgot to ask why Reyansh is outside? Is there some sort of emergency? But he was sounding chirpy enough. May be meeting him will provide her with the satisfactory answers.

"sorry to keep you waiting". She replied going out of breath as she has practically run down the stairs to avoid the circumstances.

"I don't mind waiting for such a beautiful girl" he replied all cheekily.

"but why are you have? Is there some sort of emergency or issue?" kriya questioned while in return a smile came in way.

"we didn't had breakfast together this morning, so I thought why not have dinner together. Let's hop into the car, I am very hungry". Reyansh gladly opened the door for her to sit inside which made kriya even more stress about everything. Things are not going as per her wishes and this sweet behavior of his is way too much for her to digest. Even though she moved beside the driver seat, from the corner of her eyes she got a glimpse of Xavier who was staring at them from a distance. Now it getting out of her control. Reyansh came all the way for her and here Xavier is behaving all weird. Can it go worse than this? May be yes! But she is in no mood to stress herself up this time that why Reyansh came and waited or why Xavier is acting like this. Let it just be as it is and her overthinking and over analyzing of situation is only going to make her nerves burst.

The silence in the car made Reyansh spare a glace from the road and look at her who was simply looking at the road without blinking. Is this girl even real or what? Any girl would have gone mad if he would have waited for them and here this one! With absolutely no interest or no mood to even strike a conversation. Like wow! Girls like this even exist? May be yes! And one is beside him only.