chapter 16

Why are adult relationships so complex? Why is it so difficult to keep up with them? Why cannot we make people understand what we want and how we want? why cannot we not get judged every time we choose to do something or not to do something at all?

This pain! This unexpected pain in the chest, the hatred for new mornings and irritation of being even alive bother us on some days. We do expect from unexpected people. Cast false hopes and when they end up being broken, we cry out. Like why? We knew all this way long that our heart will end up being broken even after having that acknowledgement we cannot let that person go away.

That human is toxic and we all the way knew all the red flags then why cannot we just walk out?

May be because we do not have a place to go.

For some people her problems will sound like a constant rant that doesn’t make any sense and she doesn't even expect anyone to understand her. Why would someone? When they don’t know what she feels and how much hurt she is.

You can walk upon someone's emotions but it’s very difficult for that person to have the courage to face everything every day. Your problems might sound easy to some and difficult to some but it’s you who knows the best what has been going on. It takes courage to be “you”.

Kriya knew it was a total dumb move that she pulled by agreeing the proposal of staying here but then “heart wants what it wants”.

Why is she a waking mess? All this while she totally forgot the fact that she has to go to work tomorrow. Damn! she threw Xavier away and left him with a banged head and for real she has no idea how will she face him? But it was his fault. He kissed her out of nowhere. What has got into him? One second, he behaves like he would kill her and next second, he pushes her to the wall and kisses her. Stupid fool, he made the things even messier. Like what should she do now? Run away from the clinic also like she does from every problem in her life?

Why is God testing her like this? She cannot mess up with two guys and both of them don't love her. She cannot let someone treat her like an object every single time.

Walking back to the clinic the next morning felt like walking on glass with bare feet. Reyansh was nowhere to be seen when she left, being thankful for that to God she moved out for the day. Xavier was nowhere to be seen either but there is no plan in her head how to face that self-centered man. For the name of God, if he blames her for last night, she will rip him alive at that moment only.

Moving inside her cabin, Kriya looked around and collected her stuff for the day. Entering the student lobby, she took her seat beside one of her classmates who gave her a smile which she returned. Scanning the whole room with no sign of Xavier, kriya turned her attention to her reports to check them.

Dr Masoof entered followed by Xavier who ignored kriya’s presence and took his seat in front.

“I assume you all have completed the assignment allotted to you. You can submit your reports on the table and move to your allotted rooms for checkups.” Dr Masoof said and Xavier was the first one to keep his file and rushed out followed by others. Kriya was the last one to keep her report and walked out confused.

He is ignoring her.

Maybe he is guilty for his actions? But then he should come and apologize but how did she forget? This man has his ego higher than mount Everest. Her chain of thoughts continued moving out to go to her allotted room but out of nowhere got pulled by someone. The action was fast enough for her to register, all she could understand was that someone pulled her inside a dark room of the hospital while her mouth was shut with hands from behind restricting her to see the face of the person. The person banged her on the wall and switched on the light with hands still on her mouth.