The Birthday One Shot

Magsimula sa umpisa

# # #

"Well, what are we doing?" Ryan was wearing a predatory smirk because of Brendon who was sitting on the bed in his boxers getting dressed for their day together the next morning around eleven-thirty. He was getting ready to slide one of the black silk thigh highs he had next to him over one of his legs.

"Uh-uh." Brendon shook his head. "These are for you. Later. We have a game to get to."

"But Brendon-"

"These are for later." Brendon told him firmly.

"Why? I'm not going to be able to live knowing you're wearing those all day."

"That's kind of the point Ry." Brendon smiled teasingly, as he slipped his jeans on over the stockings. "Give you something to think about while you're bored out of your mind from hockey."

"You're evil." Ryan complained.

"It's my birthday." Brendon smiled more and the glint in his eyes got brighter.

"Poor Ryan." Brendon weaved his arms around Ryan's neck, pressing close to him and running a silk covered foot up the back of Ryan's leg just because he was having fun torturing Ryan with what he couldn't have.

"Brendon if you're trying to give me a hard on it's working."

"I'm not." Brendon went back to getting dressed. He slipped his LA Kings shirt over his head.

# # #

They may have eaten on their way to the stadium but Brendon still insisted that eating like shit was a part of the experience. It wasn’t like Ryan minded because he was definitely the junk food person in the relationship. The game started at one but they had gotten there early enough for Brendon to catch the warm up while he sent Ryan off for beer and shitty stadium food.

“Babe.” Ryan handed Brendon one of the beers he was carrying and sat down next to him.

“You actually got really good seats for not knowing a thing about hockey.” Brendon grinned, reaching for the cheese covered nachos. Truthfully, Brendon had been grinning ever since he found out he was going to this game with Ryan the day before and seeing Brendon like that made Ryan even more hopelessly in love.

“Probably just luck.” Ryan shrugged though he did go out of his way to make sure they didn’t get tickets for the nosebleed section.

# # #

"I can't believe you want to sit and watch Netflix and gorge yourself on The Cheesecake Factory."

"I like The Cheesecake Factory."

"You're getting old, Brendon." Ryan playfully poked Brendon.

"Ryan." Brendon narrowed his eyes at his boyfriend. "We just had drinks with dinner. And we have this pretentious scotch you always drink." Brendon gestured at Ryan's pricey liquor collection and wine fridge. "Sorry if I don't feel the need to get so drunk I'm falling all over you in a club but you know what? Maybe I want to fucking be free to eat as much of this chocolate chip cheesecake that I bought-"

"You mean that I bought." Ryan interrupted.

"Fuck you. Maybe I want to be able to eat as much of it as I want right now without judgement." Brendon declared, lobbing two large slices of the double chocolate mousse cheesecake on to a plate and then removing the papers that separated them from the other slices.

"Happy 32nd Birthday, Brendon." Ryan teasingly kissed Brendon on the cheek.

"Bring up that I am thirty two whenever you can." Brendon told him sarcastically, heading out toward the living room sofa with his massive pile of cheesecake.