Virgin Girl Friday

.:. Rating : R .:.

Summary: Ryan likes to sleep on planes. Brendon can’t sleep on planes. Spencer doesn’t sleep on planes. And Jon, well, Jon can do anything on planes. Unfortunately, when Brendon can’t sleep, neither can Ryan.

*

Brendon is usually fidgety. He can’t sit still for more than ten minutes or his leg starts to bounce. He can’t read an entire magazine through in one sitting unless there’s a particularly enrapturing article about Pete in it or something.

So when the band gets on a plane to fucking London, Brendon is going to fidget for the next, oh, eight hours or so.

Ryan long gave up trying to slip him sleeping pills in his drinks back on the first tour to Europe when Brendon had knocked out for hours and almost missed the performance. Spencer had given him quite a tongue-lashing for that one. So he has to endure Brendon’s bouncing leg before they even leave the terminal.

The plane is full and only about two seats are actually empty on the whole plane. Spencer managed to talk the airline staff into switching their seats so there is an aisle in the middle between the two seats by the window and the four in the middle.

Ryan and Brendon are by the window. Brendon gets the window seat because that, if nothing else, will distract him during take-off and landing.

Spencer is reading the safety pamphlet seriously as the rest of the passengers file onto the plane. The thing about being famous is that they still can’t afford business class because the label says it’s a useless expense. They’re obviously not that famous, though, because not a single teenage girl recognized them in the airport. A few had whispered behind their hands and pointed but they must have decided they were wrong because no one had approached them asking for autographs.

The plane is safer, though, mostly because it’s full of disgruntled passengers who just want to get this over with.

Brendon stares out the window as they finish loading the baggage, knee still bouncing despite Ryan frowning beside him.

“How long is this flight?” he asks, sighing and picking at the seat back pocket in front of him. His feet are stretched out under the seat and he slumps down a little.

“Eight hours or something,” Ryan mutters. They’ve already had one flight from Las Vegas to Chicago. Jon met them there, and now they’ve got another overnight flight to go through.

Jon is settled happily next to Spencer, well-rested and not suffering from a previous five-hour flight. He’s messing with his phone, texting someone before the flight attendants will tell him to turn it off.

Spencer leans over into Jon’s space to see the text and arches an eyebrow.

“Your mom, Walker?” He shakes his head and Jon flips the phone shut.

“You wish your mom loved you like mine does.”

Spencer scoffs and mutters something like, “My mom sends me cookies on tour.”

Jon grins and tucks the phone away, arm brushing against Spencer as he does and settles back in the seat. Spencer glances away obviously and reopens the safety pamphlet.

Brendon is vibrating in his seat, blinking out the window as the plane rumbles to life.

“I’m bored,” he says, turning to Ryan, who sighs and sinks into his seat.

It’s going to be a long flight.

*

An hour and three magazines (including the SkyMall catalogue, and that thing is fucking interesting) later, Brendon is fidgeting with his seatbelt, clicking it on and off and sighing alternately out the window.