Sneak Out

After the long day , we went home and I went straight to sleep . I was exhausted. When I woke up , it was like 2 am . My stomach growled . I got up and went downstairs and made my way to the kitchen . When I got in there there were hot pockets , I put 2 in the microwave and looked at my phone . I opened my phone and called Angel .

"Hey" he said immediately . "How are you?"

"I'm good just up , chillin" I said . "What's up with you ?"

"Nothing just chilling with some friends want to come over?" He said . The microwave dinged .

"Sure , send me the address" I said.

"Cool , see you in a bit" he said . We hung up and I scarfed down my food, started the Uber and made my way upstairs . I put on my eyeliner the lashes lipgloss and threw on a tank top , high waisted jeans and grabbed my heels in hand as i tip toe'd out the door . I got out the front gate and got in the Uber to Angels .

I knocked on the door nervously and he opens the door with a huge smile .

"Hey" He said . And i leaned in and hugged him .

"Hey" I said softly. And he cheesed harder .

"Welcome" He began to lead me to the basement which was right by the front door . We went down and he had four friends chilling. 2 playing a game and 2 making music . He leaned in my ear . "Do you feel uncomfortable around weed smoke?, I'm sorry I should have asked"

"No I smoke a little" I shrug.

"Well feel free to partake ." He said . He pointed me to a seat by the booth and he walked in . "This is Drae y'all" he said. The guy next to him holds out his hand .

"Trey" He said .

"Hi" I smiled . He hands me the blunt . I hit it . I had only smoked with Hakeem before sex but I liked it . I felt the stress in my shoulders loosen as I hit the blunt . Trey starts explaining the switches while the music is going and adjusting them as Angel raps verses . They complete a song and start another . The beat plays and we vibe to the dark hip hop vibes .

"You should put opera in it" I said .

Trey looks at me . "What you mean?"

"We went to the Art Museum and some had like headphones with music" I said pulling up the picture . I point to a song "o'fortuna"  that was playing and he pulls it up on his laptop . He listens .

"Yes, Okay" Trey gets hype . "I get you , I get you" he stands up . "Yes" . Angel steps out the booth .

"What?" He asked.

"She found the piece" he said .

"Nice" Angel responds . And then his face drops looking behind me . Chicken and Hakeem come downstairs .

"Really Chicken" Angel rolls his eyes.

"My nigga you really had my niggas girl downstairs" Chicken starts . "I told you don't start no drama , we can't lose our deals like Kelly" she says .

"You know her?" I said .

"She my cousin" he said .

"Really Sugar" Hakeem snaps . "My Dad has snapped on me cause he thinks you with me . Come on ."

"Why would she be with you" Angel said .

"Cause Sugar is mine" Hakeem turns to him. " is there a problem Angelo"

Angel smirks . " Hakeem please . If she is your girl I will back off . Cool . But do not disrespect me. Good bye Drae . I'll back off, cool"

Hakeem flares his nostrils . I stand up and walk out . I don't even care about the response at this point . I step outside to the car waiting and get in . Where Luscious sat .

"Wow" I said rolling my eyes . "I should have known ."

"You should have said something" he snapped . "Who do you think you are?"

"I don't know Luscious" I said . "I think my name is Drae this time . But sometimes I'm Yara , but mostly Sugar . But who knows who you'll need tomorrow ."

Silence fills the car .

"You're Drae for the public , Yara at home and we will discuss more in depth later" he said . "If you don't like Sugar as a nickname say it now"

"It's fine" I said . He rolls his eyes . "Then stop the fuss . You understood that I didn't need to clarify"

Hakeem gets in the car .

"Where's Chicken" I said .

"She live here, idiot" he said to me rolling his eyes . I slumped in my chair . "Angel , really ? Does he compare to me"

"Hakeem!" Luscious snaps . "She was working , stop it, damn it" . A silence fills the car . We pull up to Hakeems apartment .

"Good bye Hakeem" he says . Hakeem gets out the car and looks at me for a second . He opens his mouth to say something , then closes it and shuts the door .

In the morning I throw on a white shirt that showed my shoulders and a black suspender dress . I throw on some thigh high boots and make my way downstairs . Andre was at the table .

"You're riding with me to work , Luscious is still sleep from your breakout" he says smirking .

"Am I in trouble?" I asked sitting at the table and grabbing a bagel .

"When are we not in trouble Sugar" he said . "We belong to Luscious"

I look at him . He seemed to have the same perspective as me in a sense which made me like him despite his disdain for me . We got to Empire and Rhonda Met us inside . We walk down the hallway as she debriefs him .

"So, Cookie is handling the Hakeem , Kelly beef" she said . "And Angel is on his new diss track". Andre stops and looks at me . "No , Drae is not mentioned he's on the chorus , singing , and he says he didn't know that he was going to change the song"

"So .. the story.." he says and we get on the elavator

"Checks out, Kelly and Angel have a couple of tracks together that Angel took" she said . We walk into the office where Angel and Hakeem sat with Cookie .

"Now regardless of what happened last night , I want y'all to make up" she said . "Angel we appreciate you as an artist"

"And Drae" Hakeem said.

"I like Drae but with all do respect to her , I will not let my career be ruined over a female" he said . "Now I don't know what else Kelly is going to release but I don't have no diss tracks towards you" he said . "Now if I get pursued by Drae" he looks at me . " We deserve our peace as we will keep discretion"

Cookie turns to me . "Fine" she looks me in my eyes . "Make your choice when you feel like it" she says to me .