The Return

The hairstylist from the other day woke me up, early in the morning and did my hair in the short bob that I wore the night of the party . He did my make up and handed me an outfit of a white pleated shirt and a black skater skirt . I put on the tights and pumps and went downstairs to breakfast .

"Wow , Sugar " Jamal said as I walked in and I looked at him.

"It's Drae at work Jamal " I say as I sit down across from him .

"Luscious got this going " he said . I nodded .

"Now that Becky is A&R , meet Luscious newest personal assistant " I said .

"Well you look great " he said . "Different , but great " he said .

"Thank you " I smiled . "It was fun waking up to hair and make up " I said .

"Oh you like that " Luscious said walking in . I stood in respect and he smiled. "Wow you look amazing " he said and I nodded and sat down . "Jamal , we are going to work on some music while you learn the books and then , I have a meeting with a new artist getting a new act for Gutta Records to replace Kelly , I need you to keep minutes and notes and then we'll see Rhonda at 2 with model auditions, she , and the others liked your input at the last one . " I nodded. Luscious handed me a planner . I looked at it . It was a grayish purple leather with flowers engraved on the sides and a large record that when across the front, it said empire and my name on the back in a fine calligraphy. I opened it . It was a planner and had 2 pins on the side . With erasers on them . I looked at Luscious.

"Thank you " I said . He nodded .

"Lets go you too , we have work to do" We all got up and me and Jamal talked about music all the way to Empire . Becky taught me the way of the binder by having me hand write the appointments for the whole year in my calendar . She taught me the power of the color coordinating pens we were finished by 1 . I walked to the studio feeling like whole new assistant for Luscoious . I got off to the first floor and Onika stopped me .

"Where you off to playmate " she smiled .

"It's Drae and the studio " I said , trying to play off her shade .

"Well, Sorry about Hakeem . I heard he's getting back with Tiana tough luck .Have fun playing important in the studio " she said .

"I'm actually playing assistant to Luscious, I'll let him know you said hi , and also about any unworthy artists , like Kelly " I smiled . "He was yours huh " I smiled . "See you at dinner "

I made my way to the studio , smiling at myself . I walked in and Luscious looked at me smiling .

"Damn Sugar , you look good " he said smiling . I smiled back and looked at Jamal . He raised an eye brow at me and I raised one back at him .

"You have a phone meeting with Cookie before we meet your new artist " I said . "Would you like to take it in your office or here "

"Get her on the phone as I finish up and we'll go upstairs and take it in the conference room " he said . I nodded and stepped out the door and called Cookie on Luscious phone .

"Hey Luscious " she said .

"It's me Cookie " I said . "I'm Luscious personal assistant now " , I said .