Vacation

*Two Weeks Later*

The car is silent as I drive down the long road. I look over into the mirror and Kim is asleep in the backseat with her earbuds in. I've gotten comfortable with my hair since what happened but I can't get what happened out of my head. It plays over and over again, in the silence and when I try to sleep at night I think about what he tried to do to me. I think about if he has done it to anyone else and what if he tries again. "Are you okay Emma, you've seemed kind of off for a while now," Isabel said and I just gave her a small smile. "Yeah, it's just been quiet," I say and she puts her hand on my thigh, I flinch slightly against my will at the contact. She looks at me worried and I just put my eyes back onto the road. "Damn it, why can't I just get over this?" I ask myself in my head and try to keep tears from falling from my eyes. 

"God damn it Emma!" Isabel shouts and I get scared, looking back to make sure that Kim is still asleep. "Can you just tell me what happened already, I can see that you are hiding something and that it hurts you. I want to help but I can't if you don't tell me what is happening." She says and I look over to her, in her eyes, I can see the brim of tears. It pains me to see how unhappy she is and I sigh, "Nothing happened," I lied to her and felt the guilt almost immediately. "Don't lie to me, you know I can tell when you lie right? You always do the same thing when you lie, that time you broke the tv, the time you ate my last slice of cake, you always tighten your grip on whatever you are holding." She says and I know she is right. "I don't want to talk about it, okay?" I say focusing my hardest on the road. I glance over to her and can see the hurt evident in her eyes. 

I take a deep breath, "Should I tell her?" I ask myself and my vision starts to get blurry. I can feel my gut tighten as I pull over and park the car. I unbuckle and get out quickly then walk over to Isabel's side of the car. She opens her door and I throw myself onto her, tears flowing down my face once again. She holds me tightly and strokes my short hair, "It's okay, I'm sorry I yelled at you baby girl." She says and I  feel disgusted, "Please don't call me that," I say through sobs and I tighten my grip around her. "Okay, I'm sorry," she apologizes and we sit there in silence as I sob. 

A few moments later I stop crying and bury my head into her shoulder. "You alright now?" She asks me and I remove myself from her with a nod. I wish she hadn't seen me like that, at that moment my eyes were puffy and red and my hair was in a mess. It was worse seeing as we were on the side of the road on our way to the mountains. "Now do you want to tell me what happened?" She asked me and once again I debated it in my head. I get back into the driver's seat and take a deep breath, explaining everything that had happened, there was something about her that made me want to tell her everything. Soon her sadness was replaced with anger, which is exactly why I didn't tell her who did it. 

"Emma, this is serious, you need to go to the school, or better, the police." She said and I started to drive again. "No, and that's exactly why I won't tell you who did it. I know you'll tell the police. I have my own reasons for not wanting to tell anyone about this." I said to her still a bit sad from when I was crying. I'm not going to lie, I was scared to tell someone for fear he would do something if I did. "Emma," She said, "I am done talking about this, it'll just upset me more," I said and she finally dropped the subject. "I never should have told her," I thought and I knew I was right to have told her even though it didn't feel that way at the moment. "I won't think about it for the duration of this vacation," I said triumphantly under my breath. I knew she heard me but she didn't say anything so I turned the radio on and continued our trip to the resort.

We arrived a few hours later, the incident from earlier resolved among me and Isabel. Even though she was angry about it she agreed to drop it for the trip which I was really happy about. Kim was now awake and Isabel was checking us into the main office. We got our room keys. There were three keys, two for mine and Kim's room and one for Isabel's room. She handed me and Kim each a key and we read the number on them. Ours said room 143 and hers said 144 which wasn't surprising. We grabbed our bags and headed to the elevator, clicked the button, and got in once the elevator opened. Isabel clicked the third-floor button and I felt the elevator start to move. I have never been fond of elevators, they scare me. I looked over to Kim who wasn't paying attention and then to Isabel who was subtly looking my direction.

I gave her a small smile and she gave me one back, I looked to Kim and grabbed Isabel's hand. It was a risk but I was really uneasy in this elevator. The elevator doors open and I release her hand and we all step out. I look to Kim and she smiles at me, I smile back until I see someone three doors away from us. My heart drops and I feel like falling to my knees as he notices me and gives me a small smirk. He walks into his room and I fight back tears, "What is he doing here?" I ask myself and I feel someone tap my shoulder, "You okay Emma?" Kim asks and I give a fake smile, "Yeah," I reply and turn around as we start walking to our rooms. "Mr. Heins is here," I tell myself in my head and take a few deep breaths to keep my composure  as we walk into our rooms. I head straight for the bathroom and as soon as the door is closed start to silently cry. "What do I do now?"