Cherry Blossom Trees

...
Just go read BridgetTh3B1RD her story please I beg you or else a Flish will come to ur house at 3 am and will tickle u ;(

WARNING: GRIEF, SUICIDE, ATTEMPT AT COMMITING SUICIDE, MENTIONS OF SUICIDE
_______

Grian carefully placed the letter on the chair. His hands weren't trembling anymore. The first, second, third time, they did. But no longer now. He could feel it, it was going to happen.

Tonight.

He stepped up the chair, his hands almost automatically grabbing the rope above him. He slowely tied it around his throat. He stood on his toes not to pinch his throat. Yet.

Well, there it goes, he thought. "I promised... I.. This needs to happen. It's better for me to be somewhere else. I'm sorry, everyone, really."

The chair fell.

_____

It has been a week since the accident. Mumbo's eyes were still red of crying for days.

Why did Grian leave? He was happy and.. But what if he hid something for him? Mumbo just simply didn't know. He sighed, and for the he thought last time, he grabbed Grian's suicide letter. It read the following.

Dear Mumbo.
It has been long, hasn't it?
A week after. Exactly. No earlier no later.
I'm sorry.
It's better for both.
-Grian.

It wasn't exactly the longest one, but what did Grian need to say, really? And what did this mean? Grian was a really direct person, so what happened here was Mumbo a guess.

Then he realized.

A week since.
Of course.

He checked his watch, two hours.

No time left to spill.

___
Authors no tea, no, Mumbo IS NOT GONNA KILL HIMSELF IT'LL BE WAY MORE SAD.
___

Two hours passed. Well, just a minute. Mumbo had opened the window, and was looking outside.

He checked his watch again.

5,
4,
3,
2,
1.

10:00 pm. A week ago Grian killed himself.
_____

Ten minutes later, Mumbo was still waiting. Thinking the worst, he was about to close the window. Then he noticed.

A white, totally white, no black spots or so, buetiful dove was sitting not to far away in a tree.

Mumbo gasped and opened the window again. The dove spread it's wings and flew over to Mumbo, landing on his hand.

The dove said something in dove language.
'Coo, Cooor..'

But Mumbo did hear something.
The wind slowely transformed in a whispering voice, and with listening a bit, Mumbo could make out Grian was the owner of the voice.

It said something like this, and Mumbo wrote it down.

Mumbo, you've come! Finally... I wanted you to, and you listened. I want to tell you something, so please listen closely. First, don't tell this to anyone. Second, everytime you'll see a white dove, I will come and talk to you. Until the day you make your decision. I know you are gonna make it, Mumbo. It'll be hard, but, again, the best. You know you'll be allright, when you think it's time. One day, you will come and join me. Enjoy the life, Mumbo. Until it ends....

That's when the voice stopped. The dove winked, and flew away, to fade in the darkness of night.
________

Since then, every week or so, Grian came and talk to Mumbo. Or Grian, Grian's voice. Mumbo was getting used to it.

Grian was talking about this universe, where he lived now. How it was over there, and what he did. Mumbo tried to tell Grian everything about the real world, so he also kinda knew what's going on.

With the day, Mumbo was getting more and more exited about that place. Grian told him you could swim, make fireplaces when you want to, pet the animals who lived there, walk through the cherry blossom forest.

Grian also told him he lived in a small house, in a ravine. A small stream of water melted into a giant lake, Mumbo had heard.

Everything Grian said Mumbo wrote down.

Then, at August 24th, Saturday night, Mumbo... He had felt a bit sick for the past days, and.. It was getting worse. Sometimes he thought of that place, where Grian was.

Grian convinced Mumbo multiple times that he was sure that Mumbo will meet Grian. Nothing wierd will happen.

Mumbo asked about the journey, how would he find out where he needed to go?

Grian's answer always was that he would see it when the time comes.

The time.
Now.

Mumbo slowely closed his eyes... Falling asleep.... He felt lighter and lighter, until sleep -or death, he couldn't tell-, took him.
______

We now, live together.

Sometimes we walk through the cherry blossom forest.

Sometimes we swim in the lake.

Sometimes we make fireplaces when we want to.

Sometimes we pet the animals.

And everything, is allright.
____