A cat's universe

This is inspired by @DayDr3am3r420's animal AU, but I put them all into cats so it is not on the Hermitcraft server it is in an AU, and for what I looked it up that means Alternative Universe. Also big thanks to the writers of Warrior Cats, they learned me a lot. Did u know that Erin Hunter, the 'writer' of the warrior cat series, is actually a nickname for five writers? Fun fact!
Enjoy!

x

Ren stretched his paws in front of him as he woke up. He let his nails sink into the mossy floor of his hole. He yawned. The sun just rose above the forest trees outside of their save home camp. Ren walked outside, to meet a big manie coon at the pile with dead birds, mouses and squirrels, the group's feed. "Hai Ren." The black manie coon meowed through his big bites of squirrel. He was one of the most experienced fighters, and over a moon he would move to the hole of the oldest ones. "Hey Mumbo!" The Egyptian Mau greeted back. He grabbed a mouse from the pile with his teeth and sat down next to Mumbo to eat. "Anything special planned today?" Mumbo asked as he sat upright and began to wash himself with the method of licking his fur over and over again. "Nah," Ren finished his mouse and jumped on the big rock next to the pile with food. Mumbo and him were appearantly the only ones awake at this hour. 'I have lazy group defenders! Doc and Biffa should be on patrol!' He jumped easily back off the rock and ran to the hole of Clan defenders and patrollers. "Doc! Biffa! Wake up you maggots! Patrol time!" He screamed. The two warriors woke up immediately. "Shoot!" Doc screamed. "I told you we weren't free today!" The other cat, Biffa, screamed to the grey American curl. "Calm down guys, I'm trying to sleep a bit." A black bombey cat with white paws murmured. "That's your own problem Cleo!" Doc shouted at her, and Cleo answered with curling herself up even more and covering her ears with her paws. Ren sighed and walked with the two warriors outside. "You two just go on patrol please. See if the longlegs have planned an invasion, or if the other group at the end of the forest have stolen prey from us. Go check, the rest of the day you two can do whatever you want." Biffa nodded, and Doc immediately turned around and ran to the exit. "Be careful and no harm on controlling patrols!" Ren screamed after Doc. Biffa lauched and walked after his friend. Ren rolled with his eyes and turned around, to be overwhelmed with two kittens jumping on him. "Who o o! Guuuys!" He screamed as he let himself fall down under the weight of two three moon old kids. He heard in the background False laugh, the mother of the two. "False! Keep your kits with you please!" Ren screamed as he got up. "Are you the commander of the clan, as mother told us?" One of the kittens asked. A big smile crossed Ren's face. "Yes, your mother is right little fellar!" He gave a fast lick between the ears of the red haired kitten. "But who is the leader?" The other kitten asked. He was way bigger, tho he was the same age as his sister. "You will see the leader soon enough, when you turn pupil." Ren answered. When a new kitten is born, it first lives six moons with their mother in the mother hole. Then they get official names by the leader and move away to the pupil's home. There they get trained, and as soon as they are strong enough to protect the group, they'll turn warrior and move to the hole of clan defenders and patrollers. When they are getting to old to fight, they move to the hole of the oldest ones and live there the rest of their lives with help of the warriors to clean their hole etc etc. The two kittens ran off to their mother and crawled up to her side. Ren winked. "They get tired fast, don't they?" He asked. The norwegian forest cat nodded, her white fur with red and chestnut brown spots glimmed in the sunlight. It was Newleaf, so the sun wasn't that hot but it was great to warm yourself up. "Howdie!" Joe greeted. The toyger cat was hunting a butterfly. Ren lauched. Joe was a pupil, for only one moon now. Scar walked outside of the hole for medicine cat. He was Cub's trainee. When Cub gets too old, Scar turns medicine cat. They are responsible for the Clan's health, and can communicate with the Watchers. Nobody really knows what the Watchers are, exept voor Cub and the leader of the group. And oh yeah, longlegs. They are... wierd. They have wierd, long, black things that smell like hell, and on wich.. run wierd, big, monsters. Of the other group at the end of the forest, has once been a cat that died because of those things.  And they build giant structures. And one of the most dangerous things, kitty cats. They are so aweful, they can't even catch their own prey! Ren was disguisted as he thought back at the fight with the kitty cats, long long long ago. "What are you thinking about, Ren?" Mumbo asked as he sat down next to his good friend. "Nothing..." Ren looked away. "Kitty cats?" Mumbo asked. "They're disgusting. I know it." Mumbo looked up at the sky. "I wonder what the Watchers are up to. Nothing has happened the past two moons. Should that be good or bad?" He looked at Ren. "No idea, honestly. Go ask Cub or Scar." Ren answered. When Scar heard his name, he looked up. The cinnamon coloured LaPerm cat walked over to the two. "I wonder why nothing has happened on the past few moons." Mumbo explained. "Oh, yeah, good point. Honestly, no idea too. No signs so far. Scar looked up at the sky. The camp was an open place, surrounded by trees, and a small barrier build of leaves and small brenches. A small British  shorthair cat sat down next to the three cats. "What are we looking at?" Ren now realized all three were looking up at the sky, and he moved his head in embarrassment. Mumbo lauched. "Nothing in special." Mumbo said, looking at Grian. "Just wondering why nothing happened the past moons." Grian started washing himself. He was all dirty, for no reason, as always. Just then Doc and Biffa entered the camp, and hold still in front of Ren, who sat upright immediatly. "Anything special?" He asked. Doc answered slowely. "No, sir. Normal. Even the longlegs and  kitty cats are silent." Ren's mouth opened in surprise. "Really?" Scar asked for him. Biffa nodded and looked down. 

(Three moons (months) time skip. It is almost night time and everyone is relaxing after early dinner.)

Grian looked at all his friends. He had a wierd feeling, something was going to happen. But he was not sure, good or bad. "You allright Grian?" Cleo crawled up close to Grian. "Yea, I'm fine. It's just... The longer nothing has happened, the more worried I get. What is this? Is this a dicision from the Watchers?" He looked at Cleo. They connected noses for a few seconds, and Grian knew it was going to be allright. Even if there was danger, he was going to protect his group. "Cat's. Of the Forest Group." A hard voice echoed over the camp. A big, dark grey Korat cat stepped on the giant rock. It went silent. "Tonight, I want to call two cats in front of me, please." Everyone knew that he ment False's kits. The group made a opening in the crowd of cats and let the two walk to the front of the rock. "You two are now exact six months with our Group, and you are now strong enough to start a training. From now on, you are called, Raven," He pointed at the black, bigger cat. "And Magma." He pointed at the smaller, red cat. On False her face was showed nothing but pride. "Raven, your trainer will be Mumbo." Raven nodded silently. It was an honour to get lessons from an experienced fighter as Mumbo. "Biffa, you will train Magma." The leader exclaimed. Magma looked at Biffa, and the two nodded at each other. "Thank you for your attention, but before you all go back," The leader jumped off the rock, and walked through the crowd of cats. When he passed Grian, he stood still. He looked, along with all the cats, up to the giant rock, glimming in the moonlight. "Cub wants to tell you all something." And with that, the leader sat down and Cub climbed up the rock. "Group. After being your medicine cat, for as long as most of you can remember," Everyone looked at him in surprise. What was he going for? "I want to say goodbye to this life. I am getting too old, and I'm now living in the hole of the oldest ones. The last thing I will do, is take Scar on a trip through the forest, and we will be back in a moon. Thank you all for the amazing time." And with that, Cub left the rock, and a surprised group behind him as he walked to the hole of the medicine cat to clean up before he goes. "I... I did not expect that.." Grian muttered. But loud enough for Iskall to hear. The leader chuckled. "Everyone is getting old once, Grian. Everyone will die, one day. I will, too. And you too, and Scar, and Cleo and everyone. Nothing to do about that. Then you will join the Watchers, and wake for us from above." Iskall pointed at the sky. Grian nodded. It was true. 

(smol time skip mid of the night)

Grian walked out of his hole, he couldn't sleep. Nightmares  are worse. Cub and Scar were already gone, they dissapeared immediatly after Iskall was done speaking. "Pss, Grian." Grian looked around, he could swear he heard his name. "Who is there?" It was the midst of the night, no one has to be awake! "Me, Cleo. You awake too?" He now felt warm at his left. "Yes." Cleo sighed. "Nightmare." She said. "You too?" Grian asked. "Yes?" "What was it about?" Grian was now curious. Could it be.. "We were with a patrol in the forest, and... then it started to rain, all blur, and I saw a brench fall on the camp... and... we had to run, Grian. We had to run a lot, and after a long time.." Grian had been listening in silence. "We stopped. And Ren was speaking to us. We have lost Iskall, he said." Grian finished for her. "How.. how do you know?" Cleo asked in amazement. "I had the same dream." 

Thank you all for reading! Over 1700 words, at least. I really enjoyed writing it! I will add a picture above soon, I guess. I had to do a bit of research for cat breads, to see wich fits wich Hermit. Again thank you all for reading hope you've enjoyed, and yes, the Raven in the story is me xD