23 - Liam's Torment

Next Chapter

(September 26th, 2030)

A Friday. I definitely needed this day to come. My heart sang like a young schoolboy, but this one called for liquor. This week felt especially longer than the others, so one could only imagine how much I yearned for my weekly drunk night. Arkaid didn't show much in terms of visual excitement, keeping to her normally regal demeanor, but I noticed that the end of her tail was thumping against the ground when I reminded her of it. Even though I thoroughly enjoyed the effects of alcohol, I've yet to fully comprehend why Arkaid truly likes it. Does she like the feeling too or does she see this as a way of unwinding? I wasn't too sure of it myself, and I definitely did not want to ask about it.

We were walking to our apartment's door with a newly-bought bottle in hand. It was wrapped up in a paper bag to hide it, but I think most of the people passing by knew what it was. I decided to scrap the midori and, instead, go with a different drink. It was a juice of some kind, a mixture of raspberries and strawberry juice. It was cheaper, so I felt like trying it out. I didn't mind the taste by itself, so I was curious how it tasted with Svedka. As I fumbled for my room key, I started talking about the plans for tonight. "I'll be sure to order a lot of Takoyaki for tonight."

Arkaid smirked. "Surely you don't suggest that us two will be eating it all."

"Why not? I don't mind leftovers, but I can eat a whole pizza pie by myself," I returned. "I wouldn't be surprised if you could eat more if you really tried."

"Unlike you, I'd rather watch myself on how much I consume. It wouldn't be right for me to gain any unneeded weight."

"We work it off anyways," I returned. "I'll make you eat more tonight if this is the case."

"I'd rather let you eat more of it anyways," Arkaid replied with a soft smile. "See it as a celebration after your first week of truly being a member of the cavalry."

Finally, I unlocked the door, only to be greeted with a familiar, muscular figure sprawled across my couch. I almost lost the grip I had on the bag due to the unexpected visitor's laxness. He merely turned to me with his head nestled in his long, purple hair. Alliot looked at us with an impatient expression. He must've been waiting for a while. "What the hell?"

The dragon snickered. "Took you two long enough." He positioned himself so he was sitting straight up this time. I guess he was only on the verge of sleep due to boredom earlier. He eyed the paper bag and shifted his chin with curiosity. "What's in that?"

"First question," I immediately stated. "Why are you here?"

The dragon huffed back. "What, you don't want me here?"

"Didn't say that," I quickly returned, hoping to lower the tension. "I just want to know why you're here, in my room. How'd you get in here?"

"Arkaid's warped out of the room before, so I just tapped into the location," Alliot returned. "As to why, I chose to be with you."

"Pardon?"

Arkaid nodded, understanding something that I was certainly missing. "So the Fifth Omni Armored Dragons have already moved into our Sanctuary. I pray for their successes in protecting Lord Tenbu." That made sense to me; because the Cavalry members were, essentially, made into a recon squadron, there was no reason for us to have permanent residences in the old place, especially when the new guardians for Lord Tenbu needed a place to stay. Any of the Cavalry Dragons who didn't have a buddy needed to move out too, from the looks of things. However, Alliot didn't look too annoyed, so I took his word that he chose to come here. "Shouldn't you be finding your new buddy then? I'm sure you'll find someone you like."