19 - The Disaster Force

*POV: Third*

The air seemed to freeze around the two Fifth Omni Cavalry Dragons. As they forced themselves back onto their feet, they were at the mercy of Sinblade dragon as it stood before them. Arkaid's body tensed up, for she saw her motionless buddy gouged with the foe's horrifying blade. Alliot tensed up as he watched his comrade getting abused before him. Weak gasps were heard from the dragon warrior. At the moment, what was there to do? To him, the comrade that he just recently congratulated was now near death's door.

It wasn't before long that Sinblade began to abuse his position of power. He gripped onto CJ's head as the Disaster Force flared around the user's body. Sinblade grinned at the sight of such energy; he knew that it was going to serve as a plentiful source for him. At least, the grin was something that was still barely able to be made out; the dragon's face was left in shambles after Alliot's relentless drillings. However, as he began to suck out the Disaster Force from CJ, his wounded body parts began to reform themselves.

Upon stealing the energy, he began to heal.

Such a process, even for Arkaid, was something to be thought as a magical spell to take some time and effort. Healing involves using one's magical powers to accelerate the body's natural healing process while also mending weak bones and cartilages. However, such restrictions appeared to be disregarded from Sinblade Dragon; not only was he healing, but the dragon was recovering from his incredibly-violent wounds in almost no time at all.

While Alliot was left in complete shock, something riled up within the depth of Arkaid's mind. During those moments, she watched as her buddy, because of her and Alliot's overconfidence, was left to Sinblade's mercy. The horrible dragon's sword was still gouged in the buddy's body. Arkaid's buddy stiffened, but it wasn't out of fear. Something clicked within her mind, something that broke her out from her state of warrior regality. She didn't let out a war-cry. However, a stretch of darkness came over her face. Without warning, she leaped forward with her staff charging a spell.

Sinblade, predicting the offensive measure, yanked his sword from CJ's body. Even though he wasn't able to completely recover, he needed to discard the Disaster Force user in hopes of dodging the direct attack. Hauling a body near two-hundred pounds was only going to hold him back. Arkaid muttered her alchemic spell, unleashing a series of arrows towards her enemy. As Sinblade attempted to dodge away, Arkaid made an incredibly foolish move. She made a physically offensive move, stabbing Sinblade with the back end of her staff. Needless to say, it was incredibly risky and foolish for a spellcaster to attempt to physically attack a strong, close-quarters enemy.

However, as Alliot even witnessed, Arkaid didn't seem to care. The darkness that came across her force demanded her to keep going. Using the little bit of physical strength she had, she managed to stab Sinblade towards the stomach. This move left the black dragon stunned and completely confused. He gasped before taking a large leap backward, managing to remove the staff from his torso in the process. Arkaid, with an intense huff, pulled back on her staff and gripped it with an intense fist. Alliot was quick to go to her side, only to see Arkaid kneeling down to her buddy's side.

Alliot felt uneasy as he tried to get a word in. The sudden moves of the spellcaster left him completely shocked. For such a person to engage the way she did just now... it just didn't make sense to him. However, as he watched Arkaid tend to her buddy... as he watched Arkaid attempt to hold back tears so strongly... he understood. Alliot gritted his teeth, glaring at Sinblade as the dragon from hell readied for combat. "How dare you shed blood of a brother!"

With a high-pitched, winding sound from his drills, Alliot rushed towards Sinblade. Even though the enemy dragon managed to recover from taking in the Disaster Force, it was apparent that he wasn't able to take in much. Alliot, using his drill spear, was able to match the opposing dragon blow for blow. Alliot, out of character, was unable to snicker as he managed to land a blow towards the dragon's shoulder. He couldn't find it in himself to be happy at a time like this. To him, a brother had fallen, and it wasn't even because of his lack of skill; it was because he and Arkaid let their guard down, and it was especially because he couldn't land the killing blow when it was so open to him. Guilt drove him forward, and Sinblade soon realized just the kind of situation he was in.