3 - Old Friends

September 8th, 2030

It was past midnight. Tokyo was still shaken from the reports of the previous murders. Increased surveillance from the Buddy Police and Tokyo Police Forces patrolled assigned streets and alleyways. In order to keep things easier for the police, places that were deemed 'close' or 'relevant' to the locations of the last victims were what determined patrolling areas. Unfortunately for them, the culprits managed to sneak their way in.

In a desolate, lonely alleyway, thirty blocks south from the previous murder, remained a man tossed to the wall. Demios and Liam would've heard the man's scream if he wasn't gagged and tied into submission. The man, weakly, fell to the ground and rolled to the side. Liam observed the carrying bag the man was delivering. Demios continued to stare at the gagged transporter. To the man's right was a subdued monster. It was a giant hound of a beast. Looked like a creature straight from Danger world due to the intense armor plating. Unfortunately, the transporter's buddy monster was no match for Demios.

Liam reached into the bag and pulled out a Dark Core Deck Case. "Hell yeah. There's plenty more in there too. Looks like this guy was their transporter." Immediately, the gagged man started pleading through his gag. It was impossible to make out the words, but Demios and Liam could tell that he was pleading for his life. Liam approached the man and lowered himself down. "Demios has told me what you've done to other monsters, and people too. Finding you was murder, so if you want a chance to get out of here, then keep your voice down. Say what you want."

Demios motioned forward to try and stop the act. However, Liam had already pulled the gag off the man's face. He started gasping for air, coughing like a madman as he swayed and forced his body back in forth from the pain. "I need to tell you this, please, do not hurt my buddy. He was right to want out. Please, don't hurt him!"

"What are ye on about?"

"We- we were told that this would make us extra money. I didn't know we were transporting Dark Cores! We didn't know! We were told that, if we opened it up, then we'd get it for sure!"

"So... you just found the opportunity to make money, and ye didn't know about-"

Before Liam could finish understanding the situation, Demios rushed past him and grasped the collar of the tied man's shirt. He let out a cough as Demis pulled on the shirt tightly. "You're a fucking liar. What kind of degenerate would fall for something like that? And why should I leave your buddy alone? Once he degenerates back to his card form, I'm going to annihilate him!"

"No! Please don't! He doesn't deserve this!"

"You're a part of the Will of Kyoya! You know this!"

"Please! I didn't know about them! Don't hurt my friend!"

Liam quickly turned to Demios. "Yo, calm it down. Take a look at him for a moment." Demios looked past Liam, seeing the cowering man. However, he was not only cowering. As Liam tried to defend the transporter, Demios noticed that he was, albeit slowly, inching his body towards his injured buddy monster. "Don't be thick about this Demios.... Demios?"

It was too late. He saw his buddy fuming with intense anger and rage. Whatever Demios felt towards anyone related to Kyoya Gaen... the intense feelings were palpable. Liam saw Demios turn his body to face the tied up man. He pulled out his sword. Demios continued panting with extreme ferocity as he began to pull out his massive sword. Liam knew that words weren't going to get to him now.

He didn't want to do it, but he had to in order to protect an innocent man.

Demios pulled his sword back. The man shivered as he attempted to embrace his buddy monster one last time. The momentum in Demios's body increased the power of his swing.