Chapter 27- Unwelcomed Guest

Start from the beginning

I nearly killed by Drake and I hate myself for being so useless and weak. How can I find justice for Dad if I cannot just defend myself?! I hate feeling this way!

"Thank you Adrian," I said softly trying hard not to shed tears because of the frustration I felt.

I decided to go back to my apartment so that I can change and get clothes.  Adrian was with me and I was quite thankful about it.

Like Timothy, he also asked me where did I meet Drake and why he was after me. I told him the story that I told Timothy. I asked him also why he was here and he said that he visited a friend near our building and it just happened that he saw me.

After that, I didn't say anything. We were heading to the elevator in silence when he finally speaks.

"Drake is a dangerous man Bella but I won't let him hurt you again," he said seriously. I gazed at him and gave him a small smile.

"Thank you, Adrian. You don't have to do this. How did you know him anyway? " I queried feeling curious about it. His face was serious but his eyes soften when he looked at me.

The Adrian that I saw earlier was different from Adrian that I knew. I was astonished how can he be that dangerous.

"I don't want to lie to you but I don't want to put you in danger either. It's better not to know things sometimes Niñita," he smiled trying to lighten the mood.

They said ignorance is bliss but for me, it's not. It is oblivion.

I didn't push through the topic, I just want to rest right now. I felt so drain and tired.

We arrived at my apartment and I told Adrian that I will be alright and I can handle myself. I know it's kind of dangerous to be her alone now, knowing that Drake knew where I live. I need to find a new place.

Adrian offered that I could stay in one of his apartments since he didn't use one of them but I declined and told him that I intend to share an apartment with Ellie instead. He insisted to give me a ride as payment for ditching him in Uncle Arturo's Party. I didn't argue and just gave in to his bidding.

Before we leave I took a shower and washes all the frustration I felt. I was disappointed with myself. I need to work hard to be strong and defend myself alone. I thought I can already manage to fight alone but every time a gun is pointed at me, it's like I'm being paralyzed with it.

Adrian was sitting on the couch reading some magazines while waiting for me. Since my apartment was a studio type one, it was an awkward moment when I went out of the bathroom with just a towel covering my nakedness.

He looked at me and smiled then he continues to read. I guessed I am not his type after all but I couldn't care that much.

Not wanting to stay in this place any longer, I rushed and packed all my necessary clothes and things. I finished and told Adrian that we can leave already.

We went out and rode in his blue Ferrari. Adrian was a smooth driver. He made sure that I was comfortable with his speed.

"So where will we going?" Adrian queried. I was calling Ellie but she was not answering her phone.

"I don't know yet," I answered honestly.

"Hey Niñita, cheer up," Adrian said. I gave him a small smile.

All I want right now is to have some good sleep and rest. I just want this day to end.

"You can take a rest for a while at my home," Adrian offered as if reading my mind.

"There's an extra room there. You can sleep and rest there while you're waiting for your friend," he added.

I yawned as a feeling of sleep slowly takes over me. I just want to take his offer but it's not appropriate for me to stay on bachelor pad.

"Well, it's a tempting offer but I would say no," I replied.

"You always keep rejecting me Niñita," he chuckled.

"But seriously Bella, I'm offering it as your friend."

I narrowed my eyes and he looks serious.

"Okay. I accept your offer but I will just stay there for at least two hours," I said.

After a while, we arrived at Adrian's home. It is a two-story house with a modern architectural design. Large glass windows can be seen and walls are painted with slate grey colour. The roof is black and you can see balconies made of glass.

"You live alone here?" I asked as I went out of his car.

"Technically no. I live with Jady," he answered. I tried to remember who is Jady, then I laughed.

"Ow, your cat?" I chuckled. He nodded and hold my hand as he leads me to the mahogany double door. He opens it using his thumb which I found kind of techy.

"Welcome to my humble home Miss Miller," he said while he bent down imitating a butler.

"Oh, thank you, Mr Fitzgerald," I replied and chuckled.

The living room is spacious enough for only one person. It consists of achromatic grayscale shades. From light furniture to dark grey carpet and black sophisticated sofas.

I was startled when a cat jumps at me. It is a red-orange long hair tabby cat with green eyes. It must be Jady. I giggled as it went my feet and rub her head.

"Cute little kitty. I think he likes me Niñito" I said gleefully.

Adrian gave me his charming smile as he walked in front of me.

"We have the same taste," he jokes as he pets Jady's head.

"Really?" I laughed.

"Yes," he replied in a deep sexy tone that made my little hair rose.

Jady jumps, leaving me and Adrian so close. His blue eyes were watching me intently which made my heart rate quick. He tucked a lock of my hair behind my ear, boring his sea-blue eyes on me. I licked my dry lips, then he turned his gaze on it.

That was the moment I realize that he will kiss me.

Oh my gosh, how can resist a handsome man in front of me? Then I remember Timothy. Screw him! He is not my boyfriend and in the first place, it is just a kiss. And I also kissed that Drake. It was disgusting. So, why I cannot kiss Adrian.

"What are you thinking?" he whispered. I bit my lip and smiled at him.

"Guess what?" I said playfully.

"You're thinking if you want to kiss me or not?" he chuckled sexily. I can feel the warmth on my face.

He leaned down and I closed my eyes, getting ready for the incoming kiss but there is none. The stupid doorbell ruined our moment.

Adrian touched the back of his neck and gave me a dazzling smile.

"Gonna be right back," he said as he walked to the door. I sighed in frustration.

He opened the door and my eyes widen upon seeing the person who interrupted our kiss.

It is his brother.

Timothy.

~End of Chapter 27~

Wazzup guys?! Thank you for reading Sweet Vengeance. I hope you like this chapter.

Don't forget to vote, comment or follow me.

Have a good day!