Chapter 15- Dinner

A picture of our girl above. From redhead to brunette, you slay it girl!🔥

"My goodness! You startled me
Adrian!" I hissed. He was still wearing his business suit and he looks good in it.

"You're the one who startled me Niñita," he charmingly smiled.

"What are you doing here anyway?" I asked.

"Don't you remember? You promised me that you will give me your number if we meet again," he gave me a mischievous smile. He was walking with me on the street.

"Really? I don't remember I promise that thing," I replied.

"Why do you always breaking my heart Hermosa? Not just once, but thrice already," He said, acting like he was hurt while he was holding up his three fingers. I chuckled at him and paused.

"You. Trick. Me. You knew that we will meet again, " I said while pointing my finger to his chest.

"And for that, I will treat you for dinner," he announced. My stomach grumbled. He got me. I won't say no to an offer. Maybe it is a good opportunity to know him better.

"Okay," I agreed.

"You Niñita, don't just say yes to an offer," he was messing my hair again.

"Enough with that Niñito. I'm hungry so why would I say no?" I said while removing his hand from my head. He laughed at me and pinch my cheeks.

"Let's go then," he replied.

"Can I change my clothes first?" I asked.

"Sure," he replied, stopping at the blue Ferrari and opening the passenger seat for me.

"You like sports car too?" I queried while entering the car.

"I like fast things," he answered as he sat on the driver seat and started the car. Thankfully he drives slowly unlike his brother.

"You and Timothy are alike," I said. He looks at me for a split second and back to the road.

"Who is Timothy?" he curiously asked. Screw it! Why did I say that thing!? I couldn't address my boss in a first name. Sometimes I want to knock my head so that I would always remember that I am Bella. Good thing everyone else was calling him Breece.

"One of my friends," I lied.

"Here it is," I said changing the subject when my apartment comes to view.

We were standing outside of my apartment while I find the key in my bag. I was hesitant to invite him 'cos first he is a man and I never invite a man in my place. But it will be rude if I would not invite him in knowing he will treat me for dinner.

My dwelling is a studio type one. Upon entering, you can see a small living area where you can find a brown sofa and brown table with a beige fluffy carpet on it. A canvas painting of a redhead girl wearing a green dress was hanging on the wall. It is a painting that reminds me of who I really am and why I'm here.

On the opposite side are my kitchen counter and my dining table that was good for four-person. My place consisted of black, brown, beige, grey and white colours specifically.

On the other side is my bed. Good thing it has half dividing walls to separate the sleeping area which some studio apartment doesn't have. It also provides privacy for me if I have a guest where usually I don't have. Ana was the first guest I had, second is Adrian.

Adrian sat down on the sofa comfortably.

"Nice place," he said while looking around.

"But I expect a girl's place would be a lot of pink and cute stuff toys," he added.

"Well, I'm not a girl anymore," I replied.

"Feel at home while I change my clothes and don't peek at me or else I will poke your both eyes," I warned and he chuckled.

"I assured I would not even though I want to," he said playfully and I glared at him. I went to my bed area and find clothes in my closet. I don't know what would I wear so I decided to text Ellie.

Gab: Ellie! I'll be having dinner with Adrian. What will I wear?

Ellie: Really? 😱 You two are together? 😍 Wait, what is he wearing?

Gab:(Rolled eyes) We are kinda friends? and I figure out he will be useful in my plan. Did you know that he and Fitzgerald are brother?. Well, he is wearing a black suit with a black tie.

Ellie: Oh my! Really? They are brothers? 🤔 I bet he looks handsome in a suit. You could wear a black sexy dress. 😉

Gab: He looks good. Okay, thank you, Elizabeth!

Ellie: You're welcome Sissy! Don't forget to call me later or else I will be mad. 🤗😜

Gab: Sure thing. Got to go!

I don't have a lot of dress. Most of my clothes consist of jeans, shirts and office attire. That reminds me that I need to go shopping on my off. I still have a lot of money in my bank account that Dad gave me. Even though he was dead, Dad never ceased to show he loves me.

As I rummage my closet, I saw the black dress I wore the first time I came here. It was an off-shoulder bodycon dress that hugs my hourglass figure. Actually, I'm also conscious of my body in my teenage years, just like others girls. But later I learn how to accept my flaws and work out for it.

For finishing, I tied down my hair and brush it. My hair was naturally straight and even if I tied it into a bun it will not curl that long and will be back to normal. I removed the eyeglasses that I have worn at work and put on some light make-up, then I'm done.

After wearing my black stiletto, I went to my living area and saw Adrian reading a business magazine. At the first glance, you would think it was Timothy.

"Sorry to keep you waiting," I said.

"It is okay. Take your-" he didn't finish his sentence when he lay his eyes on me. He was looking at me oddly. I cleared my throat trying to get his attention.

"Time," he finished, then he stood up and went to me.

He held my hand and kissed it saying, "Can you be my girlfriend?"

Girl, he is a fast one.

~End of Chapter 15~

Thank you for your support guys. This chapter is kind of short but I assure you things will be interesting in succeeding chapters. You can check out also my other works His Beating Heart.

Love lots,
Maine