Chapter 24

Mia:

I don't know where I am. The body feels like someone lit it on fire. The bones feel as if someone crushed them into tiny pieces.

With much difficulty, I tried to open my eyes. Due to the intensity of light, I closed them again.

I placed my hand in front of my eyes to shield them from the harsh light. Unknowingly, a groan left my mouth.

Finally, after adjusting my eyes to the light, I was able to focus and observe my surroundings.

I was on a bed in am unfamiliar room. The walls were all white but I could tell that it wasn't a hospital room.

The bed I was sitting on was really soft. I looked to my right and saw a person sleeping with his head lying on his arms.

After getting a closer look, I realised that it was Jungkook

After getting a closer look, I realised that it was Jungkook. I was feeling quite thirsty but I didn't want to disturb him so I threw the comforter away from my body and placed my feet on the ground.

Just I was about to walk, my legs wobbled a little but I managed to steady myself.

I must have made some noises because I felt Jungkook shook a little. I had a look of horror plastered on my face.

I looked towards my bed and then towards Jungkook. Not knowing what to do, I kept standing there.

Jungkook stirred a little, opened his eyes and sat up. He rubbed his eyes and his gaze went towards my bed.

Not finding my figure on the bed, his face modified into a look of absolute horror. He sprang up from his chair immediately.

Before he could move, I decided to relieve him of his tension, "Are you looking for me?"

Hearing my voice, his head whipped around and his gaze met mine.

His expression changed from worry to shock and finally relief. He hurried his steps towards me and engulfed me into a hug.