Chapter 3

Mia:

"This is your new house. How do you like it?" My aunt asked me, smiling brightly.

I didn't said anything and just nodded my head. I still was not ready to start my new life in a new country with new people. I've always felt uncomfortable around new people.

Just then, a girl in her PJ came into my sight. She was talking to someone on phone. I only caught the words like 'cute' and 'my Oppa'. When she looked up and saw me, she said something to the person on the phone and ended the call.

"Who is she? Another charity case?" She asked her parents in an annoyed tone.

"Ji hee! Where are your manners? She's your cousin!" Aunt yelled loudly, in an angry voice.

"Oh, still doesn't make a difference." She rolled her eyes, disgust clear on her face.

"Young lady! You are going to have to apologise to Mia right now!" Aunt glared at her.

"Yeah right," Ji hee scoffed.

"Park Ji Hee." Uncle said in a threatening tone.

"Okay fine! Sorry!" She said and headed outside not before bumping my shoulders on purpose.

I rolled my eyes at her childish behaviour.

Great! I've got to deal with another bitch.

"Don't mind her. Come, I'll show you your room." My aunt placed grabbed my shoulders in an assuring manner.

I followed her to my room. To my surprise, it was a big, spacious room with a king sized bed and other expensive decor.

"Since you are tired, rest for now

"Since you are tired, rest for now. We have already enrolled you to a good school. Tomorrow will be your first day so be prepared."

"Okay." I guess my aunt was waiting for me to argue or something because to say that she was shocked would be an understatement.

"Great!" Her tone went up a notch. "Rest for now. If you're hungry then press that button, lying over there and a servant will come to serve you."

I nodded my head, "Hm."

With that she went away and I fell onto the bed, drifting off to sleep.

I woke up with darkness surrounding me. My vision was blurry so I shook my head to make it clear. I lifted my head and saw an outline of a person.