Chapter 4

Rolling into the gas station, with Tig and Jax on either side, Clay surveyed the area quickly. There weren't many people around but he spotted LaRoy's sedan parked at the diagonal corner. As the Sons filled their tanks the Niners pulled up at the opposite pump.

"Meeting face to face," they shook hands over the median. "That ain't ever good."

Clay nodded, he was going to have to lay it out for them, it was just a few minor details that were going to be held back. "Warehouse went up in flames."

"That's a shame." He said coldly. "What's it got to do with us?"

"We're going to need some more time for delivery."

"That shipment is necessary, we already paid you." LaRoy glared at Clay. "I need those guns."

Already tensions were rising, Clay hated how quickly the Niners turned combative, it reminded him of the Irish in a way. "We've been working together for a long time, your interests are ours. What can we do," Clay motioned to Jax and Tig as they hovered behind him, "To help until we get your stock back in."

SAMCRO could be a valuable asset; the Niners weren't stupid enough to deny that. "We got a big shipment coming in, day after tomorrow. Without those M4's we're lacking in protection and I got those Mexicans up my ass."

"I'll strap my guys," Clay said quickly. "Beef up your crew on that run, bigger numbers and more guns with you the whole ride."

Frowning to keep his true feelings hidden, LaRoy shrugged. "That could work but I don't want second string," he said accusingly. "No prospects, no seniors."

"I'll give you my very best." Clay said with feigned reverence.

"Don't play with me, old man. We're the ones doing a favor here, don't get it twisted."

Rather than press his luck Clay stowed his attitude and LaRoy shook when Clay offered him his hand. "Let us know where and when and you won't have to worry."

The meeting came to a close quickly and quietly like the good ones always did. Clay wasn't happy about having to offer up his guys but it helped keep the peace.

"We good?" Jax flicked his cigarette into the street as he pulled his leg over and mounted his bike.

"Yeah, the guns were meant to help with a big run. Instead of hardware, I'm giving him bodies."

Tig pulled a face. "We have to run protection for the Niners?"

"Unless we find their guns before then, yeah, we've got their backs. It keeps black off ours while we deal with our Mayan issue."

There was no fighting it, they had to keep everyone happy and right then that meant making themselves miserable.

--

The official workday was coming to a close and it was surprisingly calm, even uneventful. Most of the guys wanted to get out before the inevitable issue arose. When Tara strolled in, Abel sitting bright eyed in his carrier, she smiled in silent greeting.

"Hey," she put the carrier on the pool table and reached up to kiss Jax's cheek. "Wanted to see if you were interested in a trip to the park?"

"Guys," Juice burst in the clubhouse with a few sheets of paper in his hands. "We got problems."

"Jesus," Jax groaned. "Did you screw up again?"

"Not me this time."

Clay ripped the papers from Juice and cursed. "Hale got a goddamn warrant."

"How?" Jax, Tig and Chibs asked in unison but only the latter continued to speak. "Warehouse isn't in Charming, out of his jurisdiction."

"That body they found out by the streams yesterday, that was our security for the warehouse, had a Bluebird business card in his wallet." Juice pursed his lips, that all knew what that meant. The body inside Charming had a connection to the warehouse, which meant Hale could and did get that warrant.