Soap man saves the day

"Chance!", Tyler said breaking my concentration on my thoughts.

"Mmm, yea?", I mumbled.

"Toast is done... we're going out, you coming?"

"Mhm", I smiled. I grabbed my bag from the counter and ran for the door. Tyler hopped on his board and I did the same. I fell to the ground and died laughing when I realized I failed. Tyler tried not to laugh as he grabbed my hand to pull me up. we were far behind the others and as I hopped back on, this time successfully, we skated down the street.

"Toast for you fupas, get this toast", Earl yelled at strangers as we skated by. a couple glanced awkwardly as Taco shoved the bag of bread into the woman's face. I laughed and held my bag in my hand, " where's this guy you told me about?".

"I don't know if he'll be here", Tyler said as he threw a piece of bread at a bird. I broke some of mines and did it too.

We walked further down when and Hodgy stopped and looked at his phone.

"I gotta get my son from daycare", he whispered to me," can you cover for me if I sneak off?".

"I'll try, but don't get mad if I can't keep up for long", I laughed.

"Thanks ma", he said wrapping his arm around my shoulder. I tried to hide the blush rising in my cheeks, but I just couldn't. Good thing Tyler and the others were farther and already turned the corner. I was kinda catching the vibe that maybe Tyler liked me.

"Guys! You coming with-", I heard a voice say. It was Earl. He stopped when he say us together.

"Is something going on that I don't know about..?", he said uneasily, but with an awkward smile on his face.

"Oh, n-no... Hodgy just has to, um...go to get his son.....now!"

Hodgy laughed," you can't hold down, can you?"

I giggled,"sorry!"

"Yea, I gotta dip, cortney needs me to pick up Trenton. See y'all"

Me and earl waved as we dissapeared past the corner.

As we got closer to where the wolves were, earl whispered to me,

" whatever happened back there...I won't mention it", he said pulling a finger over his lips like a zipper and tucking the pretend lock in his pocket. He smiled and I laughed,

"Thanks, soap man".