Sus

"So...what can we do for this project?", tyler asked. "Well, the whole thing is about choosing a topic of your own and just making something about it, like something you believe is important in life", I said.

"wow.", he said. This topic is really pretty much an easy free choice thing.

"I think its important to be yourself, I guess", he added,"you can be whatever you want as long as you believe that's what you are". I smiled and nodded. Maybe we can make this like... A video project or something. We can maybe take to the streets of L.A and ask people how they feel about theirselves, research a little on behavior caused by not being yourself", I said.

"Okay...I think were O.D-ing it. That's such a deep thought that its giving me a headache", he said rubbing his temples,"how about a relationship study! we can include the wolves".

"Wolves?", I asked.

"Yea, pretty much everyone upstairs and a few others".

"Oh. Do you guys all live here?"

"No, just me, earl and frank. Syd and taco live next door, Jasper and Lionel live a few doors down, hodgy lives with his....girlfriend, aaand left brain lives with Sarah, his girlfriend".

"Cool.", I said twirling my hair. I didn't know hodgy had a girlfriend. Pouty-face.

"So...do you skate or anything?", he asked me.

"Like...board?"

"Yeah"

"Nope, never in my life....but my cousin does"

"Your a little plain jane, are you?"

"Am not!", I laughed pushing him in the chest. He coughed into his shoulder.

"You ight?", I asked.

"Mmgh, yeah...I got bad asthma", he said.

"Oh...I'm sorry"

"no, no it wasn't you....it's been acting up a lot today, it's the weather I guess. I was about to laugh when I erupted"

"You need an inhaler?"

"Nah, I'm good"

"So good!", I sang.

Tyler stood up and started doing a little dance, "work work work work, bang nigga bang!"

I couldn't help but get up and join him, even if I got a little too comfortable with him.

"Twerk, twerk, merge swerve, dang pick a lane", I said twerking in front of the couch.

Tyler came behind me and danced again, kinda like he was doing the avenue, "aye, woah there, all that ass!", he said. I stood up straight and laughed as he plopped himself onto the couch. I sat next to him and tuts trotted in and jumped onto my lap.

"He likes you", tyler said as he stroked the cats back. Tuts let out a little purr and looked up at my face.

"He's not the only one", I heard him mumble.

"What?", I giggled.

"I said 'he's not the only one'", he smiled. I smiled back. The basement door handle began jiggling violently. "What's going on down there?", a voice yelled through the door.

"We got bread!", another one yelled. I giggled, "the doors open, come in", I yelled.

Earl and Taco ran down the stairs and greeted us all smiles with 3 bagged loaves of bread.

"Want some?", Earl said with a huge grin on his face. "We got whole wheat for the healthies, Italian for the foreigners, and white if you wanna keep it plain", Taco said.

"I'll take the Italian, and white for Ms.Plane jane here", Tyler smirked," she can't board".

"That's sus...", Taco muttered under his breath.

"What's 'sus'?", i asked. I never heard that.

"Sus is sus", Taco said smiling.

"trav, shut up!", tyler said,"sus means suspect, or questionable..."

"Like fags", earl said, cutting tyler off.

"I'm not questionable", I laughed," you guys just don't know me, that's all"

"I know you well enough to know that you want all of this taco meat", Taco said, waving his arms around his body.

"Perfect example of sus", Tyler said, pointing a thumb at Taco. I giggled.

"He's a big flirt", Tyler added.

"What's all the bread for?", I asked.

"Every Monday we ride our boards around the city and give away toast to randoms", Earl chimed. Tyler laughed, "we use Stephen, my toaster friend". I glanced at him with an awkward smile and just ignored it. I think I've had enough questions, and I feel like there will be more to come.