Blue lamp

Hey folks, let's just keep Stevie in our prayers and thoughts. If you don't know, she is down with the flu, and even though she is already feeling better, a lot of Fleetwood Mac concerts had to be cancelled.

Get well soon, Gold Dust Woman! WE ALL LOVE YOU

Tifani's POV

I am currently in a plane, flying back to L.A., and Barbara and Robin are devastated. They love spending time with their mamma, but we had to go back home, and let Stevie finish her tour.

The thought of being away from her makes my geheart sink, and you would think that after being together for 9 years, I would have gotten used to it, but I did not.

"Mommy, when are we going to grandpa and gradma's?" Robin asks, eating her dinner, looking like a teenager. "I can't wait to watch uncle Drew play football, an-" She doesn't finish her sentence because a strong sneeze comes out of her mouth. I unbuckle my seatbelt, and hand her a Kleenex helping her to clean herself.

"Are you feeling okay, Robin?" I put my hand on her forehead, checking her temperature. "It doesn't seems like you have a fever, love." I kiss her hair and lay her seat a little, so she can relax a little.

I snuggle with my little Robin, and after she is asleep, I stand up and go sit with barbara.

"Is Rob okay, mommy?" She is so caring and loving. "She was complaining about her head hurting yesterday. Before you and mamma came back." She states and wraps her arms around my right arm.

"You both ate a lot of candy these days, and I am sure that her stomach is just acting up!" I stroke her hair, and she in a few minutes is also sleeping. I go back to my seat and try to get some sleep, too.

As soon as we get home, Roy helped me to take the girls to their room and carried our bags in. "Thank you so much, Roy!" I say and hug the old man. "Tell Irene I said hi. We need to get together soon!" Roy just laughed and kissed my head.

"I will let her know that, Tiff. Now, you look super tired, and we all know that when you meet with Stevie after a long time, you two don't rest! GO TO BED!" Roy waves at me and drives away.

I close the door behind me, and just look around the giant house that we have. I feel lonely, and I now I really know what Stevie meant when she used to say that the life of a Rockstar is really lonely.

I end up sitting by the pool, with my feet inside of it, and a glass of wine. I have always been a night owl, and being married to Stevie just made it easier... I am lost in my thoughts when I hear Barbara scream. I just run like my life was depending on it, my feet are wet, causing me to almost fall going up the stairs.

I get inot their room to find them inside their bathroom: Robin with tears in her eyes, while she holds her sister's hair, helping Barbara to clean up. She looks pale, and as soon as she sees me, she starts to cry. "Mommy, my tummy hurts so much! Can you fix it?" That is the question that any parent wants to hear. Stevie is the one that takes care of it, she sings and all their problems go away.
"Mommy can give you a massage and then give your some medicine. Is that okay?" She just hopped onto hips, and rested her head on my neck curve.
I places Barbara on my bed, Robin following me. "Mommy, is she going to be okay?" She pouts and just now I realize how that scared her.
"She will be fine, sweetie." I kneel  down and look into her eyes. "Now, do you wanna go help mommy to make Barb some tea?" She nods and we go make mint tea.
———————————————————————————
Narrator's POV

"Thanks for coming mom."  Tifani says while she opens the door. "I thought it was just a stomach bug, but she has a fever now!" Her mom is in her pajamas, it looks like she just got out of bed. Tifani looks at the clock that marks 5:43am.  "Robin is asleep in my room. I love you!" She gives her mom a kiss, grabs Barbara that is holding her teddy bear and goes to her dad's car.
Hours have passed and Tifani is getting impatient. "Sweetie, she's going to be fine!" Clodo grabs his daughter's hand and caresses it. "They're just running some tests."
"I know dad. It just drives me nuts that Stephanie is not here!" She sits down and cries. "You always taught me that between me and mom, you would choose her. Because if there wasn't her I would never be born... remember that?" He nods and smiles. "I say the same to the girls. I chose Stevie a long time ago, and I knew that being with her required a lot of patience because of her job. But I just miss my wife being home!" Tifani pouts and before Clodo can say anything, the doctor calls them.

  After a few more hours at the hospital, they come home to find Simone and Robin eating lunch.
"Hey sweetie. How's my grand baby?" Simone says grabbing Barbara and checking her temperature.
"She has the flu, mom!" Tifani is on the verge o tears, and Simone knows that. "I'm such a terrible mom." She started to cry, making Simone kiss her forehead, whispering into her ear.
"You're a great mom, sweetie! You gave me the most beautiful grandchildren, and I love you even more now!" Simone knew that her daughter was super tired, and she wanted to help. "Go to bed, Tifani. Your dad and I will take care of the girls..." "Are you sure, mom?" Tifani answers, not wanting to be a burden to her parents.
"We took care of two amazing children. And I'm sure that we can handle these two monkeys here." Simone points at Robin making her laugh. Tifani just kisses her daughters and goes to bed.

Tifani's POV

Three days ago I took Barbara to the hospital, and now I figured that Robin also has the flu...
Things have been pretty messy around the house. They're both super annoying, crying all the time, not wanting to eat, and being mean at each other.
Stevie wasn't a happy woman when I forgot to mention that the girls were sick. I know that she hate being away, so I just wanted to make things easier.
  I love them with all my heart, but now I look like one of those crazy moms from the movies. My hair is all tangled up, I've been wearing the same nightgown for the last 2 days, and I don't even have time to take a good shower. I just put the girls to sleep, and now I'm making my way to the bathroom when I hear the telephone go off downstairs. I run to the living room, trying to catch my breath. "Hello?" I breathe hard, trying to sound normal. Gosh, I'm exhausted.
"Hey Tiff, it's Karen... I've been trying to call you on your cellphone the whole day!" Her voice sounds different.
"Karen, what happened?" She clears her throat.
"Well... it's Stevie! We had to cancel the rest of the American leg of the tour. She's down with the flu!" Karen states and I just burst into laughter.
  How lucky was I? My three girls are sick, and all I will have to do is sit and wait.

This chapter is also dedicated to my Songbird, PaperGypsyDreams . You already know what I'm going to say, so...