Dreams

October 16. -Indianapolis.

I never thought that being an exchange student would allow me to meet one of my favorite singers ever, Stevie Nicks.
I'm eating dinner with my family, but I cannot focus, because in less than 2 hours I'll be in the front row, staring at those brown eyes, that made me fell in love since I was a little girl.
"Tifani, I was talking to you..." my sister Emily calls my attention, she knows what I'm thinking about. "What if she calls you on stage? Can I go too?" She keeps joking around, while I am still trying to stay calm and do not freak out!
It is my first concert EVER, and I really don't know what to expect... I feel like I'm about to pass out.
After I heard about a contest on a radio station, I wrote a letter and prayed that they would choose me. And they did! I won front row seats, and I get to go backstage to meet the members of Fleetwood Mac, which makes my first concert even more special.

8pm- Concert starts.

I am so nervous, everyone is on stage, except for Stevie... I met with all of them earlier, but she wasn't feeling well, so she decided not to show up, just signing a picture, that Karen handed to me.
Mick and Christine are super sweet, and said that they are going to make sure that Stevie knows who the crazy girl with the Brazilian flag is... 😂😂

"THANKS FOR TAKING ME BACKSTAGE WOTH YOU, SIS." Emily yells at me, because the music is so loud that we cannot hear each other. "YOU ARE MORE THAN WELCOME SISTA!" I yell back, and start laughing. Emily is my host sister, and we call each other sisters of the moon, because of the Fleetwood Mac song.
"IF THEY SING THE CHAIN, I WILL NOT STOP CRYING." I say, and as soon as I stop, they start to play it.
I look straight at the back of the stage, and there she comes... wearing her signature clothes, her platform boots and I swear I can smell her perfume.
"I LOVE YOU STEVIE!" I can't control myself and yell, receiving a dirty look from a old guy that was by my side.
I am in shock, I'm crying and singing at the same time. She's so pretty, I think I'll die.
After a few songs, she starts to talk to the audience, and her eyes lay on me... I stare at them, like I can read her soul, even though I'm pretty sure she's the one reading mine.
"I would like to dedicate this next song to a girl that I never met, but already know a lot about... she's from Brazil, and she lives here in Indianapolis. She won a contest, and I got to read her letter, and she had her heart broken, but she found comfort in this song... so here we go, Dreams..."
My sister is freaking out by my side, and all I am doing is stare at the way she moves, dances, and sings. She has me under a spell!

They sing for 1 more hour, and we are leaving when someone holds my arm, it's Karen, Stevie's assistant " Stevie would like to meet with you now, if that's possible.", she looks at me after she says that, and I just look at my host family to see what they're going to say. "Just go for it!! Can you take an Uber home?" My dad is so excited that it looks like he's going to cry.
"Sure can dad!!!" I answer and hug him. "Be good! Love you." My mom complements, hugs me and follows him to the exit.
"GO SIS!! Meeting the Queen!" "Let me know how she smells like..." Both of my sisters tell me at the same time.
"I will... hahaha. Love you!" I hug them and stare at Karen, that was laughing about the situation.
"They really love you like their own daughter." She smiles "If you follow me, I'll take you to meet THE QUEEN." She laughs and puts her arm around mine.
We are walking backstage, and I feel like I'm in one of those cool movies where they show all the drama/fun of how there's a lot behind the scenes. Here I can see all the people tearing the stage down and packing everything to the next destination. "Here... just wait in here, and she will be there in a second." Karen wakes me from my trance and leads my into a room that had Stevie's name on it.
"I will be in the cafeteria... if you need anything, just press this button and I'll be here. It was so nice to meet you!" She hugged me, and before closing the door she said "I love your hair!" and I went running to the mirror to fix my curly mess, then I looked around and started to process everything. I was at Stevie Nicks dressing room. I was at STEVIE FUCKING NICKS DRESSING ROOM. I start to cry, but before I can think of cleaning my tears the door opens, and Stephanie Lynn Nicks steps in "Darling, are you okay? Do you wanna me to call Karen?" She asks while coming close to me. "No, no. I'm totally fine Ms. Nicks... it's just a lot to take in right now. I still cannot believe you're in front of me." I say while trying to clean my (now) ruined makeup. "You can call me Stevie, Stephanie, Steph... but don't call me Ms, it makes me feel like I'm an old lady that lives with her dogs." She says and burst into laughter "Which I am, but you don't need to remind me. And I know that nobody from your generation calls people that they like Ms." I was not expecting her to be so talkative " I'm sorry Stevie. I'm just too nervous to talk right now! I have been listening to your music since I was born, and it helps me to go through all situations that life throws on me." I say that, and she smiles, leading me to a red velvet couch "So, Mick told me that you said something about being a singer/actress... I confess that I am super interested in that." She says while patting my shoulder. "Yeah, I'm into singing and acting since I was 5. I dance since I was 3. And I learned how to speak English so I did not need anyone to translate your music to me." After that, she asked me a lot about Brazil, where I've been in the US, the things I liked the most and a lot more.
We broke our trance when Karen shows up at the door with Christine "it's already 2am. I know you really enjoyed talking to her Stevie, but we have to catch a flight in 2 hours..."
Stevie looked at them, and said she was just going to say goodbye. "It was so amazing to meet you. I felt our instant connection... I'll let you know if I go to Brazil! I will need a tour guide! Bye love." She gave me a peck on the lips, and left.

——-

What do you think it's going to happen in the next chapters?
Please, vote and comment.