Chapter 17

(Tina P.O.V.)

Queenie, Jacob, and Tina stood side by side as they looked at the land that the boat was approaching.

London.

Tina felt her excitement reach throughout her entire body, causing her to want to squeal. But she contained herself, however, Queenie did not. Queenie let out a tiny squeal of excitement, shaking Jacob's shoulders in the process.

"I can't believe we're here! This is so EXCITING!" A few passing passengers looked at Queenie with confusion, but Queenie kept going. "We can go sightseeing! And shopping! And-" Tina cut her off.

 "Queenie we're not here on a vacation, we're here for a mission. I'm sorry, but we probably won't have time to do those kinds of things." Queenie's face fell, and all she said was,

 "Oh." Tina felt bad now, considering Queenie loved shopping.

"Fine. We can go do that stuff as long as we have extra time." Tina said. Queenie nodded, her face lightening up into a small smile. The boat pulled up to a dock that sat lined up with others, and she heard the boat honk a horn three times. "Everyone have their stuff?" Tina asked.

"Yep." The other two replied, and the three-headed together to depart their boat. As they walked down the ramp to reach the docks, Tina looked out at the sea of people, seeing so many unfamiliar faces. But she saw one head in particular, that caused her heart to skip a beat.

It just looked like Newt.

She began to walk towards the head that looked familiar, Queenie and Jacob right behind her. As she reached the man, she said "Newt? Is that you?" The man turned around, and to Tina's disappointment, it wasn't him. Although the man looked a lot like him.

"I'm sorry, but I don't think I'm the one you're looking for." The man said.

"I'm sorry to have bothered you," Tina said, and she began to turn around to walk away before the man told her, 

"Wait! Did you say, Newt?" Tina turned back around to look at the man, curiosity beginning to bloom. "Well, I just happen to know a Newt. Newt Scamander, actually. He's my brother." The man told her. Tina gasped with shock. It was Newt's brother! She remembered that in his letter he had mentioned that his brother would probably be picking them up from the docks. Tina stood there for a second, gawking at him before he stuck out his hand and said, "Theseus Scamander. And who may you just be?" Tina took his hand and shook it, saying, "Tina Goldstein. And this is Jacob Kowalski, and my sister Queenie." She said as she pointed to the two behind her.

"Oh! Your Newt's Americans friends. He sent a letter saying that you would be coming and staying with our parents. I'm glad I found you all, I wasn't quite sure how to..." Tina was glad too, for Newt gave no description of his brother or an address to his parent's house. "If you three would follow me, I'll take you to their house." The trio began to follow Theseus until he stopped in front of a small black automobile.

"Uh, how are we all gonna fit in there?" Jacob asked as Theseus began to climb into the driver's seat.

"That's why we have magic, my friend," Theseus said with a smile as he closed the door. Tina climbed into the back seat, and when she looked, the car had been extended in the inside for a larger area for more seats. Tina sat in one of the farther back seats, letting Queenie and Jacob sit in front of her. When Jacob entered, she heard a small surprised "wow" come from him, causing Tina to try keeping a smile from forming that was playing on her lips.

Tina heard the engine start, and soon she felt the vehicle start to roll into motion, feeling the bounce of the car hitting occasional holes in the road. Tina had never owned a car, nor had she ever learned how to drive. She never needed to, she had always walked or apparated to wherever she needed to be.