Chapter 20 -Attack On The Mech-

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"Let's go!" Ruby says.

Weiss also slides off the frozen wave before using Mytenaster to freeze small patches of ice for her and Ruby to leap on toward the mech. As Cordovin keeps her attention on them, her mech is suddenly strucks by a volley of pink grenades.

"Hey! Over here!" Jaune yells out.

"What?!"Cordovin says as she looks over to Jaune's group as they keep running.

"And you said it wasn't beach season!" Nora says to Ren.

The five then take cover behind a boulder for each of them. Nora fires off more grenades from Magnhild as Mystogen takes out Bad Omens and fires a rocket behind the grenades, but suddenly, a hexagonal shield pattern appeats protecting Cordovin's mech, doing no damage to her.

Cordovin laughs, "Surely you knew Atlas was the father of hard-light dust, or do lesser kingdoms simply lack proper education?" 

"She really loves to glote about Atlas dose she?" Mystogen says.

"That much is appareint," Sienna says.

Cordovin charges up her mech's arm cannon, this time firing rock dust, forcing the group to abandon their cover.

"Cordo just activated shields!" Jaune says.

"Me and Titan saw that," Oscar says.

"We need to find whatever is generating it's sheilds," Titan says as he flys towards the mech.

"You know, in video games, the weak spot's usually on the back of the giant boss!" Ruby says.

"Ruby, this isn't a game!" Weiss says.

"I mean she isn't wrong for the most part," Mystogen says, "Trust me on that,"

"Look out!!" Ruby yells as Cordovin's mech is seen stomping at the part of the ocean. Unbeknownst to her, Qrow flies around in his avian form.

"You are ants! You are lower than ants!" Cordovin says.

As Qrow flies through the clouds, he transforms back into his human form and takes out Harbinger's scythe form. He propels himself forward and grapples onto the giant mech.

"Ah! What was that?!" Cordovin says.

"Until the shield's down, we're gonna have to get up close and personal with this thing," Qrow says.

"Agreed," Titan says as he drops down and stabs his sword into the mech.

Qrow and Titan start to fire at the scratches the two just made. Suddenly, they notice the mech's giant hand start to reach for them. The two dodge out of the way, Qrow transforms back into his avian form and Titan flies away.

"That's easier said than done!" Ren says.

"Weiss and I are on it!" Ruby says.

Ruby and Weiss land on a patch of ice on the ocean together.

"Hold on!" Weiss says as she stabs her Myrtenaster into the ground, creating an ice attack that knocks Cordovin's mech off balance for a bit. Cordovin let's out a frustrated yell. As the airship flies by, Oscar realizes something.

"Wait, that's it. When she..."

Suddenly, Cordovin aims her cannon at Ruby and Weiss.

Oscar gasps, "Ruby, MOVE!"

Cordovin fires a volley of missiles at Ruby and Weiss, creating a large plume of water. From it, Weiss and Ruby emerge unharmed as they ride Weiss' Queen Lancer summon. Ruby leaps off and uses Cresecent Rose to propel herself onto Cordovin's mech, embedding the scythe's blade into it. Maria cheers Ruby on. The force of Ruby's strike knocks the mech back into the cliffside, the tremors being felt by the citizens in Argus. Cordovin lets out an enraged scream.

"Go!!" Jaune yells.

Jaune, Ren, Mystogen, Sienna, and Nora proceed forward. Ren leaps onto the mech's arm and runs along it while also using the blades of StormFlower to hang on. Jaune uses the two-handler form of Crocea Mors to slash at the mech's hip joint, while Nora uses the hammer form of Magnhild to smash at the arm cannon. Cordovin manages to stand the mech back up, causing Ruby to be lowered down into her view on the windshield. Ruby hangs on to Crescent Rose as she nervously smiles and waves at Cordovin.

"Get off of me!" Cordovin demands. She tries to grab Ruby with the mech's left hand, forcing Ruby to let go as she uses her Semblance to fly downward. Luckily, Weiss flies by on her Queen Lancer summon and catches Ruby.

"Heh,"

"What if I hadn't caught you?" Weiss asks.

"I knew you would," Ruby says as she grins widely.

Weiss just groans. As they fly around the mech, Ren lowers himself down along the mech's back. He notices a panel with a humming machine sound coming from it. Ren uses one of his blades to pry the panel off, but almost falls as the mech keeps moving around. Fortunately, Qrow appears and catches his wrist.

"Gotcha. What'd ya find?" Qrow says. He tosses Ren back up as the both of them look at the panel he just opened. They see a whirring machine with the label "AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY, SHIELD GENERATOR" written on top of it, "Well, alright then," Qrow and Ren draw their weapons and shoot at the machinery, disabling the mech's shields.

  Cordovin watches her screen as the shields are reduced to zero, "No, no, no, no!!" She then feels a tremor as Nora fires a volley of grenades at her.

"You get back here with my man!" Nora yells.

"You show her Nora!" Mystogen says as he sends another rocket at the mech as well.

As Nora continues firing at Cordovin, Weiss and Ruby fly by Ren and Qrow.

"Jump on!" Weiss says, the two men do so.

Nora continues to fire until she runs out of ammo. Suddenly, Jaune and Mystogen notice Cordovin lifting up her mech's arm. Jaune runs over to Nora as Mystogen rubs over to Sienna.

"I've had enough of you ingrates!" Cordovin says.

Mystogen tackles Sienna out of the way but both Jaune and Nora were hit by the mech's arm, knocking them back and breaking their Auras. The two struggle to get back up.

"No!" Ren yells.

Suddenly, Weiss gasps as Cordovin fires the mech cannon at her group at point-blank range, destroying the Queen Lancer summon and knocking herself, Ren, Qrow and Ruby back over to the cliff. Ruby uses her Semblance to fly back over to the cliff but falls short only her weapon making onto the cliff. Ruby closes her eye but then notices the feel of no wind passing by her, she opens her eyes to see an armored black mist like arm holding her by the wrist, Titan holds onto his sword which was embedded in the side of the cliff.

"I got you Red Riding Hood," Titan says, the two then notice Cordovin approaching them.

"This is what happens when you think you know better than those rightfully in charge," Cordovin says.

From the airship, Oscar notices the two in trouble and runs over to Maria, "We gotta do something!" 

Maria flicks some switches on the controls and flies back over to the mech. Just as Cordovin is about to fire her arm cannon at Titan and Ruby, Maria flies by and fires a missile. Suddenly, the mech grabs the missile with its hand, causing Cordovin to turn the mech around to Maria's direction.

"Calavera..."

Everyone watches helplessly as Cordovin fires the missile toward the airship's direction. The missile explodes in front of the airship, causing it to rattle...

(ALLLLLRIGHT... *Cough* sorry about the long wait, another one of those feelings of not wanting to write hit me this week. Anyways, we are nearing the end of this volume which means we're nearing RWBY Hiatus. I have some idea of a new book, like maybe something to do with BloodBorne but I'm not entirely sure what to do, so give me some ideas for a new story. Anyways goodbye and take care!)