Chapter 4 -Welcome To Haven-

Mystogen's POV

"The City of Mistral," Qrow announced.

"Ugh! It's about time!" Nora said.

"Got that right," I said.

"Never thought I would be so happy to see buildings again," Ghost said floating right beside me.

The group and I were walking through a stone brick tunnel only illuminated by lanterns.

"Whose Idea was it to walk again?" Nora asked.

"Well, we did face many obstacles. Broken airships, destroyed settlements," Ren listed.

"Oh, and, you know, all those people and monsters that tried to murder us," Jaune added.

"Pfft, we were fine," Ruby said and looked at her uncle with a smile, "Only one of us almost died,"

Qrow looked back at his niece with a smile as well, "Hey,"

Nora puts her hand on her hips and looks at, Ren who looked back, "Hey" Which she giggles in response.

"So, how much farther to Haven Academy?" Jaune asked.

"Almost there. But I figured I'd take you guys on the scenic route," Qrow said.

"A tour of the city without pay, why thank you old man," I said jokingly which I received a giggle from Ruby and Summer.

We got to two large wooden double door which Qrow opens, flooding the tunnel with sunlight. Ruby was the first to go out on to the massive platform which looked to be a type of elevator as well and went towards the railing, she stopped at the railing and looked at the city in awe.

"Wow!" Ruby said awe-struck.

We join her and look out at the city, Summer just stood there smiling, "It's been so long since I've been here,"

"It's certainly something," Qrow said.

Ruby noticed a merchant selling weapons, "On my gosh, look at all the weapons!"

"Vendors here'll sell you just about anything... whether they should or not," Qrow said.

"They really made the most out of the mountains," Jaune said.

"Every inch. Stay away from the lower levels. The higher up you go, the nicer it gets," Qrow said.

"And we are going up!" Nora said pointing upwards.

We finally entered the campus grounds of Haven Academy, which oddly had no one in it. We stop at the courtyard taking in the place, Ruby smiles and wipes a tear from her eye. Which I walk up to her and place a hand on her shoulder.

"We made it," Ruby said.

"Yep, was there any doubt?" I said.

"Just a little. but we're here and that's what matters," Ruby said which I nodded in agreement.

We entered a hallway which we were being led by Qrow, Ruby call out, "Hello?"

"Hello!?" She called out but louder.

"Maybe try louder?" Nora said.

"Please don't," Ghost said.

"There doesn't seem to be anyone here," Ren said.

"Well, I guess school isn't really in session right now. Maybe that's it," Jaune noted.

"No, this isn't right. Come on," Qrow said and picked up his pace.