Chapter 17 -What Now?-

Mystogen's POV

Me, Team RWBY, Qrow, Oscar and Maria are standing outside of the gates of the Atlesian Military base on the island just not far off from Argus. Yang puts her hands on the bars of the gate to speak to the guards.

"Come on! You didn't even hear us out!" Yang says.

"Our orders are clear: The Mistral-Atlas border is closed!" Guard Nubuck one says.

"Please!" Guard Nubuck two says.

"Have a good day!"

"But--"

"A good day!!" Both say at the same time.

"Hey, if you don't wanna believe that I'm friends with Ironwood--" Qrow speaks.

"General Ironwood!" Both guards corrected.

"Yeah, yeah, General Ironwood. But here's the thing, we have Weiss Schnee here and we're just trying to get her home safely," I say, which she looks at me with reluctance.

The two guards look to each other before turning their attention back to the group, "Approach!"

Weiss shares a look with Blake, who just shrugs. Weiss then walks to the gate and the two guards step up and bend down to inspect her. After a moment, both guards stand straight back up.

"Very well!" Both guards say.

"You may speak with our commanding officer!" Guard Nubuck two says.

"We will fetch her at once!" Guard Nubuck one says.

The two turn around in sync, and start to chant "Hup hup hup" and "Atlas Atlas Atlas" as they run to get their superior. They are something else.

"They were... kind of--" Blake says.

"Super weird? Uh, yeah," Ruby finishes her sentence.

'What do you think about this Summer?'

"They aren't the strongest people I met but they are up there. Hopefully, this will go well," Summer says.

'Knowing our luck, something will happen'

Summer sighs, "That's that sad truth,"

"Hmm..." Maria ponders on something.

"What's wrong?" Oscar asks.

"Well, I... may know this commanding officer..." Maria says.

"I mean that good right?" I ask.

"If she's your friend, then maybe she'd be more willing to help us," Ruby says.

"I wouldn't exactly call us... 'friends'," She says.

"Acquaintances?" Weiss asks.

"Not quite,"

"Colleagues?" Blake guesses.

"Warmer," 

"Please don't be what I think it is," I say.

"Enemies?" Yang guesses.

"That's the one!" 

"Wait, what?" Oscar asks.

"Oh, yes. I come through her about once every ten years to get my eyes checked up in Atlas. You bring outside cashews on one flight, and suddenly you're placed on the additional screening list for life!" Maria explains, I let out a sigh.

"You've gotta be kidding me..." Qrow says.

"Now, now, let's not give up hope yet. Maybe she's dead!" Maria says.