Chapter 6 -Training Is Now In Session-

Mystogen's POV

Oscar and Ruby were training in hand to hand combat while me, Jaune, Nora, and Ren were spectating.

"Man, Oz wasn't kidding. Oscar's picking up fast," Jaune said.

"It's like he's a natural," I said. Oscar finally got a hit on Ruby which was a punch to the face, she recoils from the hit and looks visibly angry.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry!" Oscar said. Ruby hits Oscar and he lands a few feet away onto the ground, Jaune and Nora wince.

"Ha! Yes! I did it!" Ruby cheered which she looked at Oscar in concern, "Oscar?"

"Why didn't you tell me?" Oscar asked.

"A mental talk with the headmaster," Summer said.

'Just like me with you,'

"Exactly," Summer said.

Oscar groans and gets back on his feet. He stiffens briefly while his eyes glow, "Not bad, Miss Rose. But Oscar doesn't have the years of training that you do. Or I do,"

Oscar's body shimmers green as Oz activates their Aura. I knew Ruby was in for it. Ozpin determinedly approaches Ruby.

"Oh, ha, well, maybe we should uh... take a break," Ruby said nervously.

Oz attacks Ruby with a few punches aimed at her head, forcing her onto the defensive until he lands a blow to the face which knocks her back several feet. Oz closes the gap with a lead and kicks her in the face. Ruby leaps at Ozpin to throw a left cross which Oz evades it by ducking and retaliates with a headbutt from below.

"Ouch," Nora said.

"The next time you want to throw a left cross, remember to push off with the appropriate foot," Ozpin said.

"And always, look for any openings," I said.

"Goooot it," Ruby strained while she sits up.

Oz looks like he gave the controls back and Oscar falls to the ground, panting.

"Oh! Hey. Are you okay?" Ruby asked.

"How is this so exhausting?" Oscar asks.

"Your body isn't used to this kind of training, not to mention generating a defensive Aura on your own. It takes intense concentration at first, but in time it will become second nature, allowing you to deflect attacks and gradually heal your wounds. After that, you can begin focusing on your Semblance, whatever that may be," Ren said.

"Semblance?" Oscar asked.

"You know! Like your very own superpower! Everybody's got one. It's just a matter of finding it and mastering it. Ruby moves super fast, electricity makes me stronger, Ren can mast emotions, Mystogen's Semblance is basically a ton of flaming knives, and Jaune... can, uh, um. Hmm," Nora listed but then got stuck on Jaune's.

"I can't do anyth-" aune spoke before being cut off.

"Jaune's like you!" Ruby said as she took Oscar by the hand and leads him over to Jaune, "He hasn't found his Semblance yet, but we all know he will. And you will too. We all have to try and help each other get stronger," Ruby said.

"Cool," Oscar said.

"A common philosophy is that a warrior's Semblance is a part of who they are. Some say your personality and character can define your Semblance while some claim that it is the other way around. Of course, there are still many who don't see a connection at all," Ren said.