Chapter 9 -The Battle At Haven Part 1-

Third Person POV

The shattered moon illuminates the night sky above Haven Academy. On the school ground Qrow, and Mystogen take the lead as the currently present members of Team RWBY, the remaining of team JNPR, and Oscar follow close behind. Ruby stops and looks up to admire Haven's CCT tower, before following the rest of the group to a nearby building. They enter the building and are greeted by Leonardo Lionheart himself, who is standing on a terrace at the top of the stairs that is being held up by a statue.

"Why hello. Thank you for... coming," Leo greets nervously, "There... seems to be more of you than last time,"

Qrow and the rest of the group stop to look up at him, Mystogen spoke, "You know what they say, 'The more the merrier'. So what's going with the whole council deal?"

"Why... did you bring your weapons?" Leo asks.

"What? Leo, we're Huntsmen. You okay?" Qrow asks.

"Of course! Of course, sorry. Just haven't had my evening coffee.

Summer tapped Mystogen's shoulder, "Look up there," Summer pointed to a raven perched on a balcony railing, which Mystogen looked at it with curiosity.

Yang looks at Mystogen and follows his stare to the raven as well, which she knew exactly who that was, "Mom?"

Everyone else's attention is turned to the Raven. It flies away just as Qrow shoot at it, but he misses. The Raven flies behind Leo, transforming into Raven Branwen, donning her mask. Everyone glares at her.

"Raven," Summer says.

"They... they really are magic," Nora says shocked at this.

Raven takes off her mask, "If you're going to shoot me, shoot me. That was insulting,"

"What are you doing here!?" Qrow asks slightly angered by her unexpected arrival. 

 Raven walks down the stairs, "I could ask you the same thing. You've been scheming, little brother. Planning to attack your own sister,"

"Leo... what have you done?!" Qrow says.

"I..."

"Leo did what any sane person would in his position - he looked at all the information he had in front of him, assessed the situation, and made a choice. And it seems you all have too,"

"You have the Spring Maiden," Mystogen spoke up.

"I do," Raven says.

"Then hand her over and let's work together! We can beat Salem!" Qrow offers.

"All that time spent spying for Ozpin and you still have no idea what you're dealing with. There is no beating Salem!" Raven says.

"You're wrong. We've done things that most people would call impossible, and I know the only reason we were able to do it is because we didn't do it alone! We had people to teach us, people to help us, we had each other. Work with us. At least I know we'll have a better chance if we try together. Please," Ruby says holding out her hand.

Raven glares at it, "You sound just like your mother," Raven suddenly draws her sword and creates a portal with her Semblance. From the portal, a fireball is launched and hits Ruby square in the torso. She lands several feet back.

"Ruby!" Yang yells as she runs to her little sister.

Cinder steps out of the portal, "Hello boys and girls,"

She is then joined by Vernal, Emerald, and Mercury as they too step out from the portal.

Ruby glares at her, "Cinder,"