Motioning for two minutes, I withdraw myself from our small girl gang

Motioning for two minutes, I withdraw myself from our small girl gang. Brooke, Haley, Peyton, some girl called Rachel, a friend of Brooke's, and a few other who's name I didn't catch.

Grabbing a glass of water from the bar, I find a quiet table and set my glass down. Although Haley and I hadn't really spoken much, she was at least looking at me, rather than pretending I'm a ghost and ignore me all together.

I hadn't sculled too much alcohol but it'd been enough that the world was slightly spinning and any pain has been numbed.  Especially with my new shoes, which I knew were leaving a bloody blister.

The girls all wave at me, checking from a far if I'm doing okay.
I return a wild wave back, so it'd keep them out there on the dance floor.  I'm in no mood to ruin anyone's good night, or the roll we'd been on so far. No drama, no fighting and no guys.

When I look around the dark venue, streams of flickering lights and the occasional bit of fog being released was taking me back to mini discos when Haley and I were like 10. Our parents always wanted us to be involved, to have fun, if under their watchful supervision.

I can't help but smile to myself over the memory, Haley looking at me now and does a hand movement, something only we know of, along with a weird dancing gesture. My smile grew even wider that my cheeks now hurt more than my blistering heel.

"Aw, isn't that cute..." a voice coos, their breath from behind, reaches around and tickling the side of my neck.

Whoever this is, is too close for comfort. I feel their fingers trace a straight line along the top of my pants, from the back.. the sensation striking a chilling pang up my spine when my thin material top doesn't conceal their touch.

"Good seeing you Bek, it's been a while."

I spin around in my seat, but not by choice.  The two forceful hands belonging to him, turned me around and I'm leaning my head slightly back to look up at him.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I snarl.

"I live around here, don't you know? I've been catching up with Haley.. oh but you wouldn't, seeing as you said some pretty nasty things to her." His hands have slithered their way down to my waist and locked all too familiarly into place.

"Leave her alone! She isn't your play toy."

We both look to the crowd where Haley is mucking around with the girls, oblivious to us standing here.

He pulls my waist and hauls me over to a darker corner, somewhere more secluded.

"I don't know what you're playing at Sam, but you need to leave. Last time we spoke, you went off and fucked some random chick." My tone didn't hide the fact I'm still hurt by the thought, even though I shouldn't be.

"Who said I did?" He smirked. 

The fact he even remembered what I'm referring to made my stomach drop.  He knew the night meant so much to me. It was our fucking graduation night, a party to remember and I guess... we did but not for reasons I had hoped.

"You wanted to have sex and I didn't. You got up and left me..." I look down to the floor and hair falls to shield my face.

He shifts some hair from my face and tucks it behind my ear. His smirk softens to a smile.

"I did what you told me, too. You said to leave and I did."

He had me there. I did tell him that but, surely he didn't stay innocent that night. That's not like him to do that. If he wanted something, he'd go and get it. No matter the costs.

"However, you did end up sleeping with someone that night, didn't you?"

If it wasn't already out in the open, I'd be more shocked.. but coming from him it's unsettling he knew something had happened.

"I thought, why not make amends for old times sake? Myself and Haley are hitting it off. I thought maybe you and I..." His ran his tongue across his lower lip, the gesture causing me to shudder.

When snapping back to reality, my brows drop and my lips scrunch together.

"There isn't a you and me... there never has. You never wanted to be with me, officially, nor treat me like anything more than a friend with some benefits for you."

"That can change though," He affirms without even a second thought in saying this.

I however roll my eyes at the empty offer. "I doubt it."

"Why don't you give me a chance, then?"

"And why would I-"

"Oh Sam, hey! You're here!" Haley's voice breaks us up. She pulls him in for a hug and kisses his cheek.

"Since when do you..." I question the gesture, almost sickening to see. "Actually never mind."

"He asked if he could come."

In my mind I'm screaming it's a girls night, but this is more than what Haley's said to me in a while so I can't screw this up. Brooke comes over and I took my cue remembering her code word.

"Oh BROOoke..." my eyes widen at her.

"What?" She appears to have forgotten her own code word, until the light bulb flickers on. "Oh, right," she accesses the situation.. looking to Haley, me and then notices Sam.

"Who's this? And why are they intruding on our girls night?" She eyes him up and down.

"Sam, and you must be Brooke." He reaches out to shake her hand an she isn't sure, but she goes to shake his hand. In a blink of an eye, he pulls his best move and spins her around so he has her tucked under his arm.

"Pleasure meeting you," he whispers daringly close to her.

Even in the dark, I can see she's blushing and looking a little flustered. So much for being there to save me. Though I guess she is because he's got his hands on her and not me, not that, that's any better.

"Right, Sam... this is a girls night, so you have to be one of us, or leave."

He smirks up at me and then hauls Haley under his other arm.

"Well I didn't think you'd take this literally but okay..." Brooke looks st me and I'm not going to fake a smile at any of them.. so I turn around and find myself headed back for Peyton and Rachel. I needed to dance an drink away the situation.. maybe I can con Nathan into saving me.

But then I don't want Sam to meet him.

Maybe Lucas.

But Brooke might get funny about that.

What do I do?

"How about a round on me ladies?" Sam smugly announces and starts to pull them away.