Chapter 43: On The Right Side Of Rock Bottom

Start from the beginning

I knew what he was trying to insinuate. Although tempting, I'm not quite sure I'm into that whole idea. I mean, I haven't even had my first kiss yet, so why would I go to his house just to make out with him, possibly something more. 

Plus, this whole situation doesn't help when I'm in love with somebody else. But he's long gone.

I don't even know why I'm stringing him along, especially since I have feelings for another person. I mean, I have feelings for Ian, it's just that my feelings are stronger for this other person. And I hope to God he feels the same way.

So, what do I do? Do I keep leading Ian on, or do I spare him the hard feelings and break up with him?

I think I know the obvious answer, but I feel bad. He's buying me take-out and I'm going to show up, eat all the food and then tell him "See ya!"

I don't know about you, but that's now how I want to be remembered.

Maybe I should tell him as soon as I walk through the door of his house. To be completely honest, I can't bare stringing him along anymore.

He's my excuse. I've been using him as an excuse to forget about Andrew and what we have, if we even have anything, and replacing it with Ian's dates and his kind demeanor.

I hate having to admit it, but it's true. He is my excuse. And if I were him, I wouldn't want to be someone's excuse. He deserves better than that.

So, that's what I'll do. I'll go home, get changed, meet Ian for dinner at his house, and then break his heart. It's better than him finding out himself that I'm dating him while in love with the high school's bad boy.

"Yoo-Hoo! Earth to Lia." Ian rubs his palms across my forearms.

"Yeah? What's up?" I snapped out of it, once again.

"Sorry." I spoke to him first. "I promise I will be better than this tonight."

"I would be more worried about Mr. Stevens. He looks pretty aggravated about you spacing out in class."

"Really?" I looked over to the teacher who was writing down something on the whiteboards in the front of the classroom.

"Nah, I'm kidding." He paused. "Just don't space out before you come over my house. I'm looking forward to it. Although, if you don't show up, I'll know where you are." He teases, and I smack his chest playfully.

***

I matted down the wrinkly layers of my maroon skater dress. The bottom rested just above my knee, and the straps were off the shoulder. I decided against going bare, and put on a light oatmeal colored sweater, that had mini holes so I wouldn't get too hot. I slipped on my sandals and I grabbed my car keys ready to head out.

There was a soft knock on my door. Almost as if the person was hesitant about knocking, but did it anyway.

I approached the door, unlocking the hinge and drawing it open a few inches. I got a glimpse of platinum blonde hair and nails the size of cat claws. The Chanel perfume was detectable from a mile away.

"Lina? What are you doing here?" I opened the door wide so she could come in. She walked in with a hesitant smile on her face, and eyed my outfit before taking a seat on my bed.