𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

Jimin tried to keep his poker face up as he walked beside Kara

Jimin tried to keep his poker face up as he walked beside Kara. Anyone watching them would just say they were normal shoppers. Shop lifters, of course.

Both of them turned to each other after taking the first step out the store. Kara's lips formed a smile while Jimin playfully brought his arm around her shoulder. "I told you everything would be okay."

"Wasn't I the one that told you that?" Kara raised her brow as she moved away from his arm.

"It sounds better when I'm saying it." He shrugged his shoulders. "I'm just surprised you managed to trick them into thinking you were pregnant."

"I know, right?" Kara grinned as she glanced at her stomach. "That dress is gonna need a lot of ironing from being smushed under there. I honestly think I already ripped the bottom of it."

"What does it matter." Jimin smirked as he looked over at her. "We're rich now. You can afford to buy twenty of those."

"Y-you're right." Kara tried to smile, before she glanced towards the ground.

Was the money really for both of them, or would Jimin leave her as soon as he was a wealthy little millionaire. She'd just go back to being a nobody again. The truth is, with Jimin, Kara felt like she could be somebody.

"What are you thinking about?" Jimin teased as he lightly nudged her chin.

"Nothing." Kara responded as she covered her thoughts with a smile.

"That smile won't fool me baby." Jimin poked his tongue against the inside of his cheek. "Why can't you tell me what's bothering you?"

"Jimin, nothing's wrong." She crossed her arms.

"Nothing's wrong." He mocked her voice while copying her exact movements.

"Fine." Kara groaned, finally having enough of his mockery. "I'm just afraid we'll get caught, and this whole thing will be over." She quickly thought of a lie.

"I thought you were the dare devil here?" Jimin raised his brows as he chuckled. "What the hell happened to you Kara? Did we do something?"

"No, you and Namjoon have been nothing but kind to me." She tried to explain. "It's just, I'm not sure how long I'll be apart of this thing."

"Listen, Kara." Jimin gently grabbed her shoulders and focused on her eyes. "We don't have to tell him about this. It can be our secret."

"How are you not gonna tell Namjoon about the ring?" Kara lowered her brows. "He's gonna ask where we got all that money from."

"That's what I'm trying to explain to you." Jimin sighed as he gave her a look. "The money can be between you and I."

"Jimin, y-" Kara bit her bottom lip as she let out a deep breath. "You're gonna leave back to America after all this is over. The money's gonna be yours, and I'm gonna be left stranded in the streets like some dumb fool." She gave Jimin a piercing look, before glancing at the ground. "There is no us."