Chapter One

Stefan's POV:

God. I hate this school. Sure, I'm popular, I have good friends, I'm captain of the baseball team, I have good grades, and I date a lot of girls, but I hate this place. Granted, I don't really "date", I kind of act like I'm dating a girl, sleep with her, than stop talking to her. Yet, they don't hate me. I try to be a nice guy, but with an absentee father and an alcoholic mother that is in and out of rehab, it's really just me and my other brother. It would be nice to have a girlfriend, I guess I've just yet to meet a girl that I would stick around with.
"Hey, Stefan!"
By thoughts are interrupted by a hard smack on the back and a loud hello by my best friend Scott. I see Stiles and Nik- though, everyone calls him Klaus- approaching from behind him. They are on the baseball team too. Scott's a third base, Klaus is a catcher, and Stiles is a first baseman. I'm the pitcher, and the best hitter in the team. I have a ton of home runs. I have an average of 2 a game.
"What's up, Scott. I thought you'd be driving Allison?" I ask.
"I was going to, but she had to get here early to help out some new girl."
With that, Stiles and Nik came and started laughing together. They're worse than I am. At least, they used to be. All my friends have girlfriends and they're in love. Gross. Nik has been dating Caroline for 3 years, since they were freshman. Stiles and Lydia have only been dating a year, but he liked her for years and they were friends, so it was clear she was developing feelings for him. He was obsessed with her. It was really sad. Scott and Allison have been dating since 7th grade. They just instantly clicked. She was the new girl in 7th grade too. Maybe this new girl can fall in love with me and I won't feel so left out. But, if I'm being honest, they're all really cute together. Sometimes they invite me to the movies with them and in like the awkward 7th wheel.
"What are you two idiots laughing at? You're in relationships?" I say, slapping them upside the head.
Stiles lunges for me, but I punch him in the gut before he can hit me. We've been friends since the 4th grade, we like to mess with each other, but I always end up winning. I'm not super buff, but I'm strong. Stiles is really skinny. I'm not sure why he always wants to start fights with me. Just then, as if Scott read my mind, I heard him say
"I'm not sure why you always go for him. You're never going to win."
"I will one day. Mark my words- you're going down Salvatore. One day." Stiles says, pointing a finger at me and smirking while trying to pretend that punch didn't hurt at all. He's not fooling any of us though, we all heard the large breath of air he gave out upon contact with my fist. But, he's putting up a valiant effort.
"Yeah, ok. I'll be waiting." I say, smirking right back at him.
RIIIIIINNNNNNGGGGGGG
That is the worst sound in the entire world.
"That's our cue. I'm going to go find Caroline before class." Nik says, leaving.
With him gone, the 3 of us start walking to our classes, I share first period with Scott, but Stiles' classroom is just down the hall, so he usually walks with us.
"So, punching me didn't hurt your hand at all? Because, I worked out over the summer. I have abs now." Stiles says, pushing past Scott to talk to me.
"Sure Stiles, it hurt." I say, totally preoccupied right now.
"Yeah! All right!" Stiles says, jumping. He's a good guy, but, man, he is so enthusiastic sometimes. He used to be called a spaz all the time before he hit puberty and become popular and "cute" to the girls in this school.
"LYDIA! LYDIA! HEY!" Stiles yells in my ear. He shoved me over and runs to her. I lose my balance, not expecting this, and start to fall over. I feel myself hit something. It's not hard, so it's not a locker. I feel a corner dog into my back and hear a thud and another one followed by that one as I gain my balance and turn around to see who I just knocked into. I look down at a girl I don't recognize already crouched over, picking up her books. She has long, glossy brown hair and is wearing a brown cropped leather jacket, I think tight jeans and brown long boots. She's skinny. But I still don't recognize her. I realize I'm just standing there, staring at her, and I crouch down to help her pick up her things that I made her drop. She's already picked up most of her books, but there's still a notebook and 2 textbooks to pick up. I pick them up, stacking them and stand up with her. Once we're standing, she's looking down and I'm dying to see the face of this mysterious girl that I can't seem to recognize. I know every girl in this school- some better than others- but I don't know this one. My curiosity is getting the better of me. I want to play it cool, but before I can stop myself, I hear a voice. It's mine. I don't remember opening my mouth to speak, but it's my voice. I say
"I'm so sorry, my friend knocked me over. Are you okay?"
Then, with that, she looks up at me, trying to smile even though she looks scared. She has almond shaped brown eyes, a button nose, and perfectly pink glossed lips. She's beautiful. But I still don't recognize her, this must be the new girl. Now I feel like a dick. I knock into the new girl on her first day. It's only then that I realize I'm staring, and the school is staring at us. But they don't matter to me, right now, it feels like we are the only two people in this world. I'm completely captivated by her. Then she speaks to me
"I'm fine. Thank you."
Her voice is soft, scared, yet firm at the same time.
"Ok then." I say, giving her books to her. Our hands brush together, ever so slightly, her hands are cold, and she slightly jerks away at my touch, still nervous. I wish she hadn't. She gives me one more slight smile before turning away from me and walking away. I watch as she walks away, wanting nothing more than to follow her, but I hear the one minute bell ring, and I know I have to go. It's not good to be late to your first class on your first day back. I hope I'll see her again though. That's when I realize, I don't even know her name.
"I'll find you, Cinderella." I mumble under my breath. She is my Cinderella. A beautiful woman who I just have to know, but I don't even know her name. But I'm determined to be her Prince Charming and find her. At the very least, maybe I could make her first day here better.
"What was that?" Scott says, teasing.
"What was what?" I say. Trying to act like nothing just happened at the wasn't totally out of character for me.
"You, and that girl. You just kept staring at her." Scott says, smirking at me and teasing.
"What? She was hot." I say, trying to downplay it.
"Yeah, ok, whatever. You're into her." Scott says, punching me in the arm.
"Whatever." I say, walking to my class.
Throughout class, and the next class, I can't help but think about my mystery girl. Her face is stuck in my head. Her voice. I am completely mesmerized by her. And I know, I need to find her.
-
-
-
That was the first chapter guys! I hope you like it! It was a kind of intro to everyone. Obviously there are more characters to be introduced, but the main part is Stefan and Elena. I'm not sure when I'll post next, and it probably won't be this long, but I'm very excited for this! Follow me on insta where I'm doing another AU with screencaps: @stellijah