First - You can't Escape Love

Start from the beginning

I managed to reach the open road, with my legs, arms, and feet bleeding.

"I'm not like that... I'm not like that... I can't be like that..." I convinced myself as tears began to fall from my eyes once again.

I screamed at the top of my voice and then panted as crouched and leaned my hands on my knees. I continued on screaming as tears continued on falling from my eyes. My scream only ended when the last of my tears fell from my eyes.

When my voice finally came out, that's when I realized that I couldn't hide my feelings anymore. My voice escaped while I became imprisoned with my own emotions. I wanted escape as well. Escape from this love that I didn't want, that I didn't dream of.

I wiped my tears off my cheeks as I walked in front of our porch. My Mom had a lot of things going on already, and I didn't want to worry her any further. I breathed deeply as I wiped any signs of pain from my face.

Slowly and quietly, I walked in the door. Without any trouble, I made it to the staircase and breathed out a sigh of relief.

"Kyle Andrew Stevenson." I heard my Mom's voice. There was a clear pain in her voice when she uttered the surname Stevenson. I guess saying that name was still painful for her, since the divorce with my father happened just a month ago. I looked up the stairs and saw that my Mom had her hands on her waist, a sign of her growing anger. "What happened to you?" Her tone changed and she put her hands down when she saw the state that I was in.

"I tripped on my way home..." I lied. I can't count how many times I've lied to Mom just so she wouldn't get hurt.

I lie to make her happy.

I lie to save her from pain.

I lie for both of our sanity.

Mom sighed. "I'll get some medicine. Get a towel and dry yourself." She said as she disappeared up the stairs.

I went straight to my room and took a towel from my closet. My mom knocked on the door a few times when I was drying my hair. "I'm sorry..." Mom suddenly said when she was applying medicine on my wounds. "I know how much you love that lake, but because of me, you'll have to say goodbye to it."

"It's not your fault..." I replied meekly as looked down on the floor. It's Dad's fault. That's right I blame my dad for everything; for Mom's sadness, for our move to a new town, and for my growing depression. Everything was that man's fault.

Melancholy is not my thing. I hate being sad, I hate being alone, but because of my Dad I became really depressed and became those things that I hate. My friends told me that they missed the old me, the cheerful, bright, and positive me. If anyone misses the old me the most, it's probably me, myself. I wonder when the last time I laughed really loud was. I can't even remember.

Although I blame my Dad for everything, I can't bring myself to hate him. He's still my father, after all. Even if he chose to be with his new family, I still can't really hate him. I know that my Mom still had love for my Dad in her heart, that's why I never let her know that I blame my Dad, because she would get hurt by my sentiment.

Mom is already hurting and suffering so much, I didn't want to add to that.

"Are your things packed?" Mom asked after she applied the medicine all over my limbs.

"Yes, I did it before I went to the lake."

"Change your clothes, and then go to bed. We'll leave early in the morning." Mom said and then walked towards the door of my room. She gave me one last look with a small smile before she left. I gave her the same look. It was our way of saying that we'll be ok. It was our way of talking without really talking.